devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! What a find of a lifetime. Congrat's to y'all on the cache of old coins. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
NIce to see a post where people get money out of the ground that actually looks like it's been there for decades. These pics and vids where someone pulls out a fully polished silver coin drive me nuts.

Upnorth42

Sep 26, 2014
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NIce to see a post where people get money out of the ground that actually looks like it's been there for decades. These pics and vids where someone pulls out a fully polished silver coin drive me nuts.
I don't know if it's an anomaly of where I live but silver coins come out of the soil here as bright as they ever were. Like they just came from the mint. They do tarnish after a few days though if you don't take care of them. Copper on the other hand comes out anywhere from ok-ish to totally corroded. Sometimes one side of the copper is fine and the other side unrecognizable. Our soil here is acidic and the trashed copper usually is from near the ocean.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
I don't know if it's an anomaly of where I live but silver coins come out of the soil here as bright as they ever were. Like they just came from the mint. They do tarnish after a few days though if you don't take care of them. Copper on the other hand comes out anywhere from ok-ish to totally corroded. Sometimes one side of the copper is fine and the other side unrecognizable. Our soil here is acidic and the trashed copper usually is from near the ocean.
its cool,because you know right away what you have found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread