Posting from 2011 on this thread

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Oroblanco said: "I do think that if anyone has (or had) direct knowledge of any treasure(s) which Motecuhzoma may have still possessed at his death, it would be his family relatives." (Dec 11, 2011)

Amen! Preach it, brother! That is my wife's family, and by marriage me. Hee, hee.

This village was well known to have been property of Moctezuma II in 1503. My wife's grandma told them that before 1918 when the insurrectionists destroyed all the muncipio documents but did not destroy church records, she was shown the old land titles, and Moctezuma II was the owner before he died.

What Oroblanco says is exactly the reason I believe the treasure is within a 3 minute walk of myself typing here. Memories of family here, passed down through the generations. And, supported by many other books and documents, and one photo.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moctezuma's tomb and treasure are at the place where the Aztecs was born as an united community, before leaving San Tan Valley to Mexico.

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Interesting theory. Has any significant gold been found there? Many places are believed to hold treasures, but when you check, no gold has actually been found. Where I am, gold was found over 100 years ago, and was donated by my wife's great-grandma to buy a new church bell.

But, as I have said, we need to investigate other places which allege to have the treasure.

Any sources?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting theory. Has any significant gold been found there? Many places are believed to hold treasures, but when you check, no gold has actually been found. Where I am, gold was found over 100 years ago, and was donated by my wife's great-grandma to buy a new church bell.

But, as I have said, we need to investigate other places which allege to have the treasure.

Any sources?
There is a region in the Superstitions mountains, where gold can be find if know where to look. In that region is a mound of gold, literally, where the very ancients opened and worked seven mines. In one of those mines are buried Monctezuma and his treasure.

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Thanks, markmar, for your help in convincing treasure hunters that the treasure is not a few hundred yards from my keyboard. My family can sleep nights. Hahaha.

If you want to know where Moctezuma's treasure is and why, look up the T-net page to AZTEC GOLD. One reader admitted it took more than one day to read all the data I provided over the years. At times, I argued pro and con.

The problem is people assume any large treasure of gold is Moctezuma's. Not so. Moctezuma II was the owner of the family gold which first belonged to his grandfather, Moctezuma I, then his father who was not an Emperor. There was almost certainly gold belonging to other Emperors, and yes, some of it may have been carried far from Tenochtitlan.

But, this is not documented, rather extrapolated from knowledge of the Aztecs. That is, logically, there was more than one Aztec treasure, but at this time we have no solid evidence.

My wife's DNA data indicated the Aztecs came from near Guadalajara, not Utah. The Mexican scientists agree with this.

Your posting does not even explicitly claim any Aztec gold was found in the Superstitions. In the early 1900's gold was found here, a piece (neck piece on a buried skeleton) big enough to buy a new church bell which was destroyed in an earthquake, though the damaged one is still in the basement of the church. And, I have a copy of a picture postcard postmarked 1908 which shows workers repairing the church tower. My wife's great-grandma, (a Moctezuma) donated the gold to the church for the bell.

It keeps my village safer if everyone believes in the midst of a war and a major smallpox epidemic the Aztecs sent thousands of strong people with 15 tons of gold and jewels, over 1500 miles to the Superstitions, rather than a two day march to where the loot is. And where it has been untouched over 500 years. Well, except for the neckpiece and the skeleton, hahaha.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can laugh as much you want, but the Aztec treasure was carried to Cibola, the Aztec motherland. The Spaniards learned somehow of the place where the treasure has been carried, and for this reason they went in search for it.
Few people in this world know how the Spaniards, using priests, managed to find the famous Cibola and secretly mined six from the seven mines/" cities " of gold. But when the Spaniards were close to discover the seventh mine in which the Aztec gold was hidden, the Indians who kept a close eye on their mining operation, killed them all and all the Spanish crude gold bars remained stacked in the six gold mines.
Little before to have been expeled from the New World, the Jesuits with the help of trusted indians, carried almost all the Jesuit church treasures and ornaments, in three mines of Cibola which were close each other. Two mines had already the Spanish gold inside , and the third had the Aztec treasure. So, in one mine of Cibola lie the Aztec gold with a part of the Jesuit treasure, in another two mines lie the rest of the Jesuit treasure with the Spanish gold bars, and in another four mines lie only the Spanish gold bars.
In the late 1940's, a group of treasure hunters, found by luck one of the mines which holds Spanish gold bars/sticks. They took as much they could carry and left the place. Stories was told to local treasure hunters, by people who witnessed the selling of the gold bars to a scrap yard and went after for a research.
The Jesuits made a set of stone maps for their treasure stashed in those three caves , and named it the " Treasure of Holy Faith " or in Spanish " Tesoro de Santa Fe ".
A Jesuit encrypted letter, known as Rosalee letter from Babcock book, describes the Aztec treasure and the place where it's located. The " big white goat ' from the letter is a code for the Horse landmark which lies beside the mine, and it's also known as " Cobollo de Santa Fe " from one of the Jesuit stone maps.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In this day and age anything is possible…I will continue to believe that which I believe and everyone may continue to believe that which they believe…

One day we just may learn from one another…And IF God lets me hit the lottery I just may share my knowledge of this subject with the world, free of charge…

Until then…All of us can continue to dream of the possibilities…

Ed T😊

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I am not doubting the existence of gold, even a major treasure, in the SM. I do doubt it was the treasure of Moctezuma II. I am guessing you have not read my extensive postings in Aztec Gold thread, where I explain why this is so, and don't plan to. This is certainly your right. My only laughter was not directed at your claim a treasure is 1500 miles away, but at the fact such claims protect the families here from being harassed by treasure hunters. Cool!

I have no reason to doubt any word you said, except to identify the gold as belonging to Moctezuma II. Family knows where the family treasure is and why it is there, and not 1500 miles away.

I have said repeatedly I believe there were several Imperial Aztec treasures, and why that was so.

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
A minor detail: Modern DNA testing shows the Aztec origin was between the current location of Guadalajara and the ocean. This isn't just my opinion, based on my wife's DNA report. but Mexican experts also agree with this.

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I am asking again, what are the sources which state the big treasure of MI and MII were taken hundreds of miles to the North. You state that in a definite mode, rather than speculative mode. I have not doubted the existence of a massive treasure in the SM, just that no evidence supports its identity as belonging to Moctezuma.

My own studies make it highly likely that more than one big treasure exists, though that is based on analysis rather than hard data. Your tone implies hard data which is improbable in my opinion. Yes, that gold most likely exists, it just isn't likely to be Moctezumas, which is close to where I am.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a common habit in the treasure hunting community, to move treasures and lost mines where everyone would like to be. If you want the Montezuma treasure to be close to where you are, this is Ok, find it and make me change my mind.

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
The presence of the skeleton and gold neck piece indicates it had probably not moved in 500 years. But, as our friend says, believe what you want to believe. I do and I have supplied considerable support to what I believe. I assume you have not read the lengthy postings on Aztec Gold

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In any stories of gold I believe, if anyone knew and believed where it is, it would be gone

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
But, it was not gone. That is the whole point in this case. There is no other known source of gold in the 500 years, yet it was still there in the early 20th Century.

If you don't want to believe this, that is certainly your right. I didn't believe it, either, for many years. Once all the evidence was examined, now I believe it.

However generalistic sweeping statements do not add to the data.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread