power wheels 12v battery for whites 5000d

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
I am new to metal detecting and I have 2 whites 5000d s and a sears clone of the same model. I was wondering if anybody has used 12v power wheels batteries to power the 12v part of this system?
Looking at the manual they are a 6 volt system (4 D batteries from the looks of it).

I would not directly wire 12 volts to it.

OP
OP
gillious

gillious

Jul 17, 2015
Wayne County NY
Detector(s) used
2x Whites 5000d series 2, sears 5000d clone, 3x 6000di
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at the manual they are a 6 volt system (4 D batteries from the looks of it).

I would not directly wire 12 volts to it.
Some are a 4 C pack and some have a 8 cell AA. rechargeable pack. I have both kinds unfortunately.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Some are a 4 C pack and some have a 8 cell AA. rechargeable pack. I have both kinds unfortunately.
8 cell AA is twelve volts.

If I did hook up these 12V batteries for Power wheels I would make sure to put a 1 amp fuse on the positive side. I would not risk it because recharegeable batteries (C/AA) for the packs can be had.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread