Pretty good day

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Found a couple of small points
A nice oval knife
And a heartbreaker of a Bradly Spike
Thought the spike was a big drill until I saw the cortex on the base. Not the best pictures but I have some salmon cooking and I’m hungry. Have a good day
Also a old marble

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpeg
    IMG_2819.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2829.jpeg
    IMG_2829.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 12
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
Orange material is amazing! Quartz??
It’s quartzite heat treated. The black ones were amazing when I first found them until they dried like most artifacts I find even banner preforms. Thanks for the compliment. I showed it to the owner and he liked it too. It’s a really good creek and I’m lucky to have it. Last year I gave him a frame of points and a whole ham for Christmas.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
good finds
nice color
marble is a great bonus
congratulations
I think the marble is quite old feels like a clay but I don’t think they had clay marbles in colors like that. I don’t feel any glaze on it and it’s not perfectly round. Any idea on the age?

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found an oval tool and a rough looking longer point, just had to show me up with a full quartz point and a marble haha, glad you are finding stuff, seems to be the slow season for new finds which is understandable.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I just found an oval tool and a rough looking longer point, just had to show me up with a full quartz point and a marble haha, glad you are finding stuff, seems to be the slow season for new finds which is understandable.
You should post them. Don’t worry about me life is getting busy again so it will be a week or two before I can get back out.
I think the quartz is a Woodland point I’ve found a few of them. Must of been thrown as a dart point. Called a New Market. They can be confused with a Elora very easily.

Attachments

• IMG_2845.jpeg
    IMG_2845.jpeg
    416.4 KB · Views: 8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread