Blackadder

Aug 26, 2013
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 XB, Whites Surfmaster Amphibian II, Coinmaster Pro, Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there,

just bought myself a CMP last week. Found some euro's on our beach with the standard coil ( dry sand ).

I notice there is also a Prizm Mini DD coil for the CMP is there anyone with experience using this coil ?

Thanks Ray

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have one it is a coin magnet

OP
OP
Blackadder

Blackadder

Aug 26, 2013
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your reply wvwildman. Does this coil also do better work on wet sand like filtering more the minerals ?!

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i do't know never hunted around a beach i hunt old farms and homes. i thank the coinmaster GT is made for wet sand

OP
OP
Blackadder

Blackadder

Aug 26, 2013
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah ok...many thanks for your replies anyway :thumbsup:

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6" Eclipse DD Shooter will work very well on the wet sand. The only problem with it on the beach is its small size. It doesn't cover much ground and although it doesn't see as much of the mineralization, it won't get any more depth than the stock coil. For wet sand hunting, I'd use the standard coil.

OP
OP
Blackadder

Blackadder

Aug 26, 2013
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you so much for your reply and information Tom.

Though i did try using my CMP with it's standard coil on some wet sand but then it give me some false signals. And when i use the p/p on it, it keeps giving me high signals.

So i guess i have to turn down the sens to 1 block ?! Or just move on to the dry sand :laughing7:

Last edited:

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes with that machine stay on the dry sand for best results. Later when you get a machine that can handle the wet sand go to it!

OP
OP
Blackadder

Blackadder

Aug 26, 2013
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes with that machine stay on the dry sand for best results. Later when you get a machine that can handle the wet sand go to it!

Thanks for your reply :icon_thumleft:. But are there coils for the CMP that works well on some wet sand anyway ?! From what i have understood, some say, turn down your sens between 1-3 blocks and set it on all metal when using the standard coil ?!

Not sure if this is right...i'm a newbie tho :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, you are right, Blackadder. The CM GT has a setting for beach use, which essentially ground balances out the wet sand, allowing higher sensitivity to be used. In your case, start out on the wet sand with sens at one block, then increase it until you start noticing false signals. Back off one block and you are good to go.
Smaller coils are not as sensitive to electromechanical interference as larger coils, and elliptical coils (such as the 6x4 for the Prizm) are less sensitive to the effects of mineralization than concentric coils.
However, along with that, if you put a dinky little coil about the size of your open hand on your detector, then look at an open beach, a serious feeling of overwhelming despair is likely to overtake you. It will make that beach look HUGE! Those coils are best used in small areas with lots of trash, such as tot-lots.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackadder

Blackadder

Aug 26, 2013
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you are right, Blackadder. The CM GT has a setting for beach use, which essentially ground balances out the wet sand, allowing higher sensitivity to be used. In your case, start out on the wet sand with sens at one block, then increase it until you start noticing false signals. Back off one block and you are good to go.
Smaller coils are not as sensitive to electromechanical interference as larger coils, and elliptical coils (such as the 6x4 for the Prizm) are less sensitive to the effects of mineralization than concentric coils.
However, along with that, if you put a dinky little coil about the size of your open hand on your detector, then look at an open beach, a serious feeling of overwhelming despair is likely to overtake you. It will make that beach look HUGE! Those coils are best used in small areas with lots of trash, such as tot-lots.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for all your information. Really helpfull :thumbsup: ! Now it's all loud and clear to me !!

Again thank you so much :occasion14:

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look into some sef coils not much out there they cant handle from my exp with them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions