Project Coinalyzer

Kritler

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All,

I am sure you guys may be familiar with the coin sorter the Coinalyzer. It is fairly cheap and archaic by all means. I bought one(ebay $35) not really for sorting, but more as a project to design a case, and feeding mechanism for it, to see if I can make it a bit more automated. If anyone else seems like this is something they would enjoy doing, please post. I would love to see what other people come up with. As I make progress, I will try to post pictures regularly to see it take shape.

Upvote 0

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site.....see that red text in my signature......click it.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome!
First Rule of the Site:
Never listen to him^
Hope to hear more about the project! Sounds fun!
Wicka, Any questions about CRH pm me:)

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg welcome to the site.......see the guide in my sig.......click it

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for the thread here where somebody actually did what you are planning to do.

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for the thread here where somebody actually did what you are planning to do.

This ^. I have built my own sorter, it works great and was fairly inexpensive - under $100 after everything. Most of the guys that helped me work on it are not on the site any more, so I would suggest doing a forum search "penny sorter". There is a literal wealth of knowledge in some of those threads. If you need any help beyond that, just PM me and I will do everything I can to help.

OP
OP
K

Kritler

Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my brother, who I have been talking about this with has been brainstorming with me, came over today and he brought the storage "cointainer" from his house as it was filled with my wife's stuff from when we lived there. He thought this could be a good base. Some cardboard, and some tape later, we threw this together for the base. It works very well. What you see is the copper-zinc from a $25 box. The first roll had 17:33 so solid ratio. I hand sorted the first 3 rolls just to make sure everything was working well. We plan on actually utilizing plastic as the divider with glue/silicon sealant on the edges. I can hand feed a roll in about 10 seconds. We plan on making a loader next.

One bonus score is there was a random glass container within this box when my brother brought it over with some random coins. Had 6 Rosies which I will take any day.

CopperMopperv1.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread