TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't bucket list it. Good finds are few and far between, there must be many locals and/or tourists hitting the beaches there. I've been many times with minimal results. Yes I've found good stuff, but better elsewhere. Just my thoughts.
I tell people, if you hunt a busy place and find nothing, someone else is almost certainly hunting instead of you...
I remember an experience I had 5-6 years ago in Colombia South America on some Tourist Beaches outside Cartagena or Barranquilla there...
We took a boat to a tourist island where there were chairs and people served you and you paid in cash... and the only way on and off this place (for tourists apparently, I don't know about locals) was via boat... So you go and spend several hours there eating and enjoying the beach, buying beer and food and other stuff... you know...
Sooo I thought :icon_scratch::sunny::icon_king: there would be tons of stuff in the sand around those chairs and the public areas...
but it soon became clear that someone else MUST be hunting there because I found 2-3 coins and 4-5 pull-tabs :dontknow:
It was as if someone had vacuumed the sand around everything there was such a lack of signals.... But not to be deterred... I entered the water and hunted waist deep and there I found quiet a bit of coins, no major jewelry finds, but a lot of coins... Soo clearly someome was keeping that place clean... Most tourist beaches I hunted in Colombia were like that... Barren.... accept for a private beach I hit with my Girlfriend where only guests were allowed to be...
Found a lot of money there and some jewelry... AND NO... Nobody told me that they saw others hunting these places, just I didn't find anything.. :dontknow:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2
You are one of the best
Congratulations on your major achievements in the water over the years
Im a has been :tongue3:
Im retired and thought id be able to hunt even more
think ive been out less than 10 times in last few yrs
my feet finally got healed - wound just opened up again
i return to doctor next week :BangHead:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell people, if you hunt a busy place and find nothing, someone else is almost certainly hunting instead of you...
I remember an experience I had 5-6 years ago in Colombia South America on some Tourist Beaches outside Cartagena or Barranquilla there...
We took a boat to a tourist island where there were chairs and people served you and you paid in cash... and the only way on and off this place (for tourists apparently, I don't know about locals) was via boat... So you go and spend several hours there eating and enjoying the beach, buying beer and food and other stuff... you know...
Sooo I thought :icon_scratch::sunny::icon_king: there would be tons of stuff in the sand around those chairs and the public areas...
but it soon became clear that someone else MUST be hunting there because I found 2-3 coins and 4-5 pull-tabs :dontknow:
It was as if someone had vacuumed the sand around everything there was such a lack of signals.... But not to be deterred... I entered the water and hunted waist deep and there I found quiet a bit of coins, no major jewelry finds, but a lot of coins... Soo clearly someome was keeping that place clean... Most tourist beaches I hunted in Colombia were like that... Barren.... accept for a private beach I hit with my Girlfriend where only guests were allowed to be...
Found a lot of money there and some jewelry... AND NO... Nobody told me that they saw others hunting these places, just I didn't find anything.. :dontknow:
if possible - you got to go deeper out or deeper down
I wish i could go farther out at a ton of places - ive found nice gold on my tip toes at neg. low tides
believe me theres more out there
I got spots that get hammered in summer and you may not find a thing cause locals hit daily - got some
spots that get pounded for the new drops but if you hunt slow in all metal - you can get a deep piece of silver or gold still :thumbsup:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if possible - you got to go deeper out or deeper down
I wish i could go farther out at a ton of places - ive found nice gold on my tip toes at neg. low tides
believe me theres more out there
I got spots that get hammered in summer and you may not find a thing cause locals hit daily - got some
spots that get pounded for the new drops but if you hunt slow in all metal - you can get a deep piece of silver or gold still :thumbsup:
The machine I had was a Tesoro Tiger Shark or Sand Shark I don't remember and I think for coins it was good for 10-12 inches, so I was certainly getting average depth on the dry sand, it wasn't black sand or anything... I also didn't have a lot of time to try to go further out, it was clear that water had not been hunted so as long as I was getting coins and targets that were good, I stayed where I was... ha ha ha

joska

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is a NEMO ? this ?
th
People have been finding gold coins in the area of Fredrick Douglas memorial park since there is a rich wreck offshore and I have two big targets in that same area that could possibly have to do with the wreck.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a has been :tongue3:
Im retired and thought id be able to hunt even more
think ive been out less than 10 times in last few yrs
my feet finally got healed - wound just opened up again
i return to doctor next week :BangHead:
I’m hoping that you will get better soon my friend..

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
great trip i had in Dom.Rep. ...some yrs back
full

I can remember trips like that, let along typical months way back when. I wish I had pictures of a 3 week hunt in Iceland...two detectorists had over 1400 coins each, over 100 coins in a 4 hour hunt in Connecticut was not uncommon. The days when 5 or 6 gold rings in one day was not uncommon. 5 a month is now difficult to find. But at 77 I may be slowing, but with the improvements in gear I still have many more trips planed, even leaving on a jet plane next week. Detecting is a fabulous hobby where one must change with time. My last 5 ring day swinging an ATX :

1714853789573.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread