Question about halves (Not Vending Machines or Car Washes)

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Take them. Next rolls might be all 1970.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always take them. A teller last week had a pile of loose halves plus three rolls in her drawer. All skunks this time, but I'd rather be known as the guy who takes all the halves.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take them and then throw them back at her face and say "THESE AREN'T SILVER!!" Sorry thought I was EM for a minute

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, always take all they have. Like someone said before, then you will be known as the person who takes them, and they will start telling you without you having to ask.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take them and thank them and hope they remember how nice I was and let me clear them out in the future. Maybe one day I will get lucky!

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
Take them and then throw them back at her face and say "THESE AREN'T SILVER!!" Sorry thought I was EM for a minute

You forgot the part where you tell her to make you a sandwich for putting you through the trouble of looking. I also make 'em take their shoes off - no need for them to be all uppity and wear shoes if they're just walking back to the vault to get me my silver...

Anyways, yeah, I take 'em, and try to be grateful, despite my disappointment. Pretty much what the guys before me said, but I can't resist an opportunity for some sexist, offensive humor :)

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
I always take them. A teller last week had a pile of loose halves plus three rolls in her drawer. All skunks this time, but I'd rather be known as the guy who takes all the halves.

+1

Take them all. This includes Ikes as well. Establish a repertoire with the bank. Once you take all of their "funny money" they'll save the rest for the next time you come in.

OP
OP
K

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take them because when I come back I do not want to see the same 1971D again when I ask next time.

They ask why I say they are for my Whitman collection which they could be if they were a 1987

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I take all halves, and either spend them, or dump them at a random bank or store who will trade a few coins for cash

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take 'em all. What CC-hunter said is dead on. Plus it's good to have a pile of loose clad to replace the silver in boxes if you re-roll. or spend 'em, you can't lose either way

tuleja

Greenie
Jan 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always take them all! I find that vault tellers are much more willing to order me the coins I want knowing I will take all of their halves out of their vault and trays. The tellers like to keep me coming back to remove the halves and Ikes they don't want in their trays!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread