suniieshiine

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher M Scope 1225X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always loved the idea of finding treasure and have dreamed of owning my metal detector, so about 3 years ago I bought the Fisher M 2550x Metal detector from Ebay for about $200 without really researching it. I HAD to have one right then and there! :laughing7: It came with white shark? headphones (I think their called) . When it finally came in the mail, I used it out in my backyard (3 acres cleared land) and it was a lot harder then I thought it would be.. Or I was doing it wrong. The dirt was hard (had to put down the metal detector to dig with an actual shovel) and I continued to find piles of nails, bottle caps, etc until I finally gave up. :o

So questions!

Is the Fisher M 2550x a good metal detector to find buried treasures? Can it be used to find gold?

And .. What kind of sounds am I suppose to listen for? Does each noise mean a different type of metal? Is it possible to go over nails with this metal detector and think "Yup that's nothing I want to spend forever digging up!"

Also, Is there a special digging tool used for hard backdoor dirt?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
There is no such Fisher, that's why you found it on ebay "without really researching it" by your own admission.

Either your story is bogus, or your story is real and you were defrauded.

If you were defrauded, the seller was a criminal and we want to know who the cuss was. At this point you don't have anything to lose, so please contact our customer service dept. with information on the seller and what was sold. The phone number is (915) 633-8354.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
suniieshiine

suniieshiine

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2014
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher M Scope 1225X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no such Fisher, that's why you found it on ebay "without really researching it" by your own admission.

Either your story is bogus, or your story is real and you were defrauded.

If you were defrauded, the seller was a criminal and we want to know who the cuss was. At this point you don't have anything to lose, so please contact our customer service dept. with information on the seller and what was sold. The phone number is (915) 633-8354.

--Dave J.

This isn't an actual type of fisher?
I'll have to go 3 years back into my emails to find the persons ebay account which I can do. Thanks!

& The detector works, it finds metals nails and stuff. I just don't know what sounds to listen for.
When I was bidding on it, there were several other bidders as well, so I figured the interest in the item made it worth the cost.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 185
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    883.8 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it says 1225 X to me and not 2550 X.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Aha! Fisher 1225-X, much better! Introduced in the mid 1980's, a basic "2-filter" motion discriminator, same as the 1235-X except that the latter had a variable frequency knob for cutting crosstalk in competition hunts whereas the 1225 was fixed frequency. As I recall it air tested on coins about 8 inches, maybe a hair more.

--Dave J.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread