Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything wears out....i suppose the big question is does he have 500 hours on it or 5,000?

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Little step for one almost out of warranty I wouldn't go over 600 unless he has extra accessories to throw in

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Is this with the remote also?
And which headphones WS4 or WS5?
As far as lifespan... Now I'm probably Jinxing myself, but I've had mine since 2012 and no problems.
If it's a Deus light.. you can just about buy a new one for that.

OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Little step for one almost out of warranty I wouldn't go over 600 unless he has extra accessories to throw in

Sorry. Yes it has the remote and the WS5 head phones

gene the machine

Apr 24, 2012
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett GTP1350, Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i've had mine for 5 years at least. replaced one coil battery. still working great.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And frankly, if you DO have to replace a battery out of warranty is not a wallet buster. I think its less than $50.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they last as long as my Tesoros, we'll all be dead of old age by then! Heck, I even SAT on mine the other day. It just whimpered a little then found a hammered coin! (The silver one.)

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Capone, I paid $800 for an XP Deus that was used 3 or 4 times and still has over 4 years left on the warranty. Mine was the WS5 package (11in LF coil) and also included the silicone control box protector and the leather belt clip. The unit was immaculate and even came with all of the original packaging! While my deal might be considered to be unusually good, $825 seems a little bit high. I would want to know how frequently the unit was used, are we talking WS5 vs WS4, etc...

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is it local where you can take the machine for a walkabout? That's the only way I'd think 850. If not 6 to 650 if the warranty is there.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with others, the price is a bit on the high side. My current Deus set up is a mixture of different parts, my remote is 6+ years old and has taken every update with no issues, my WS5 headphones are newer and still under warranty and my coils are a mixture of older and newer ones. I have owned many different Deus set ups inn the last few years and have only had to return 2 items one was a WS4 "puck" for sticky button and the second was a 11 X 13" coil that was locked up and replaced under warranty. Awesome service from Moe at Detector Electronics on all Deus units.

OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. User is located in Wisconsin. Obviously not many winter hunts. He's had it for over 4 years. I told him I'd pass. I've seen people snatch barely used machines for around 650-700. I've got my eyes peeled back looking all over.

OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capone, I paid $800 for an XP Deus that was used 3 or 4 times and still has over 4 years left on the warranty. Mine was the WS5 package (11in LF coil) and also included the silicone control box protector and the leather belt clip. The unit was immaculate and even came with all of the original packaging! While my deal might be considered to be unusually good, $825 seems a little bit high. I would want to know how frequently the unit was used, are we talking WS5 vs WS4, etc...

Was that eBay? Craigslist? I stumbled on thetreasuredept.com and it seems pretty solid. Updated frequently.

secondstar

Mar 11, 2017
North Central Connecticut
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox, Garrett Ace Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was Craigslist, a woman purchased the machine to try out the hobby and quickly realized that the XP was way over her head. She just wanted to get out of the machine.

OP
OP
C

Capone

Apr 28, 2017
MINNESOTA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was Craigslist, a woman purchased the machine to try out the hobby and quickly realized that the XP was way over her head. She just wanted to get out of the machine.

Lucky man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread