Question , how much buried treasure from various times are still proven to be out there

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price donā€™t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price donā€™t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely correct, no way of knowing. Iā€™m just trying to figure America being what under 300 years old, the ships of Spanish etc coming over the east coast, we donā€™t have old country stuff, so whatā€™s realist to be be found in a country 300 years old about

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins not relics, war relics, no crystal ball but 300 years we have books on our coins, and some old spanish stuff, just asking

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm 65 and in my life I have known folks that just don't trust the system.
Some were effected by the great depression where folks lost everything.
So one family tree member buried it, in jars, in the backyard. They were still doing this in the 70s.
So there are many little caches out in this world still.
Just have to get a coil over it, that's the quest of many.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
300 years old is little off, it is actually 458 years. Spanish established St Augustine in Florida in 1565.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Until it's found how can you consider it proven?

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more Spanish coins should be all along florida coast than, Carolinaā€™s also, Iā€™m guessing. Not in Ohio or Pennsylvania

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more Spanish coins should be all along florida coast than, Carolinaā€™s also, Iā€™m guessing. Not in Ohio or Pennsylvania
Yes, but they are also found inland; a fair amount has been found in St Louis, as settlers and trappers moved west they took the coinage with them.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a cache of silver and gold once a decade ago. It contained about $2k in silver morgans and gold rings a man had hidden away in the 1960's. A friend of mine found a $20k cache back about five years ago, it was just a lockbox full of Morgan dollars and a couple 1oz gold buffalo bullion coins. Another friend of mine found $35k in cash wrapped in plastic bags and tin foil. And these are just the stories that I feel comfortable sharing.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My favorite is Confederate gold ! One of the main reasons the South lost the war was because we ran out of money! In my area every old house on more than 5 acres had Confederate gold buried under the oak tree in the back yard! Guess what! In 1865 the house wasn't there, the tree wasn't there and now the gold aint there either! There has been a lot of personal stashes found that was buried because Sherman was coming. Even today when I go to some older land owners for permission they tell me about Sherman camping in the front field! I live in NW South Carolina, Sherman was never closer than 125 mile from here.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did the army hide the weapons, money, and other important items of the day, wagons and horses had to break down often, caves, mountains had to be a place to hide, some things they never went back for , mystery lives on.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ask many questions why because Iā€™m truly interested in the 17 and 18 hundreds, its Very simple time nobody could travel only by horses and buggies, everything from pots and pans to button and eating utensils where important. Has the ground been moved around that much or new topsoil added that makes things untoucgable. Iā€™m sure caves and mountains have things, anybody have a curiosity mind like myself

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread