question regarding a VX3

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those 2, really arent in the same circle for a comparrison both have ups both have downs really depends on what ur looking to hunt for & then land or water aswell if u just wanted to know the difference between the 2, what one has verse the other that can b done on a quick google verse search but we r talking about a $1200 machine verse $600 ya know

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both.

Performance is similar but different.

Depth advantage = Vx3 probably. However...I've read with accuracy and dug deeper silver coin with my AT Pro and that was with the 5x8 coil not the larger 8.5x11 stock coil.

Speed advantage/target separation = AT Pro. No comparison! Atp is a killer in heavy trash especially with the 5x8 coil. No way the Vx3 can recover as fast in 3 freqs!

Tone Id advantage = AT Pro. It just flat sings on good targets. Tone roll & Iron audio are awesome

Visual Id advantage = Vx3. Very nice visual indicators. Depth in large easy to read numbers and more accurate than the ATPs, very nice visual id icons (penny,dime...), 3 freq pinpoint screen(shows which freq target responds to best) It's all in color! Makes it very pleasing to look at.

Ease of learning = ATP. WAY less fiddling around.

All weather capabilities = ATP. If it starts raining...run for cover with the Vx3.

Price point = ATP! $600 vs $1200

Build quality/layout = Vx3. Stock for stock it's way better balanced than the ATP. the ATP gains it all back by using the 5x8. The plugs are easy to get to and use. The ATP's plugs are kinda dumb in their position imo.

Battery Life = ATP. Half as many and last 4x as long! Vx3's pretty screen is a battery hog!

All around performance = Equal. That said, are the Vx3's pluses worth it at twice the price? Of course not.

I had the Vx3 before I had the ATP and I have more time on the Vx3. I'm now more comfortable with the ATP than the Vx3. In the short time I've owned the ATP, it has become my favorite detector.

Here, look though these threads. You can see how I have come to be an ATP convert from my other machines.
Please read through them and DO NOT get caught up in some of bashing. Just leave it alone!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/356743-patiently-awaiting-new-pro.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/359921-my-new-favorite-detector.html

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said on the reveiw

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AT PRO cheap piece of plastic that sounds horrible, cheaply made, VX3 top notch made in the USA, better warranty, better depth.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO cheap piece of plastic that sounds horrible, cheaply made, VX3 top notch made in the USA, better warranty, better depth.

I absolutly disagree with the Atpro being horrible. The vx3 & Atpro arent even in the same league to even compare between each other, & isnt the garret made in the usa aswell. I know everyone has there own opinion but there both different & both have something or an advantage over the other

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Apprently,you didn't read the above post,compairing them,by a guy that has had both?:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread