Reading Threads After the Fact

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though I very rarely post, I do read through the Precious Metal Forum and the CRHing Forum every other day or so. I think it's the funniest thing to read posts by people vehemently arguing that silver has bottomed or will rise or will crash only to see that it was dated 2 days prior and silver has since done something (or nothing) different.

On that note, I will make my own prediction. I have not nearly the level of knowledge that some on this board possess, but from researching history a bit it seems pretty obvious that precious metal prices are strongly negatively related to the perceived strength of the economy. Right now it looks like the future (at least the near future) will be better and better as far as employment and the stock market, so silver will keep going down.

I'd go one step further and say that silver will continue to go down for the rest of Obama's presidency. The next time silver MIGHT make a change is when the next election comes around and people are either optimistic or not. If within a year of our new president things seem to go to H-E-double hockey sticks then silver will go up and if things seem bad for a full presidential term then silver might hit $50. If something irreversible happens (examples: Israel goes to war with every Muslim country, Iran or North Korea successfully launch a nuclear weapon into the ocean or at a country, American suddenly runs out of oil) then silver could go even higher.

I by no means am a End of World type of person, but people's fears are real regardless of how concrete the threat they are based on is. With this in mind, I think I will split my investments between precious metals and guns.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread