Real CWR halves, finally

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never have found CWR halves until today. Loose halves and MWR yes, but not CWR, unless you count some obvious re-wrapped dumps (ex-MWR with one end folded over).
Today I found the real deal, in old brown wrappers with account numbers marked out. Had to wait 15 minutes for the vault to open. Result was 4 40's. the other 40 is from two MWRs that I picked up at another bank.

Attachments

• image-4239337129.jpg
    image-4239337129.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 0

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent!

love the old wrappers, ect.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds.. Just yesterday on my way home from work I found my first loose half a 68.. I asked the lady at the gas station if she had and strange money in her drawer and she says yeah this half dollar but its all tranished you probably don't want it.. Never knew how happy seeing that first silver half find would make me.. Congrats on you finds and hope you were as excited as I was.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, I save the old wrappers sometimes out of nostalgia..

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a $20 roll of halves last week and thought it was going to be loaded, skunk. Very depressing. HH

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Still yet to see these mythical CWRs. I think they went extinct in my area.

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought they were extinct also. I do think they are the holy grail of halves. I have to convince tellers to check the vault. That seems to be where they are, if they are there at all.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
They are not extinct in our area, I found 2 yesterday, unfortunately, the teller culled the silver (she told me that, but I took them to get them off her hands).

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear Sag (the part about the CWRs, not the teller culling). We're in the same general area.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to hear Sag (the part about the CWRs, not the teller culling). We're in the same general area.

Got two Ikes also at the same bank (she showed them to me along with the halves). The bank was in Poolesville, not too close to me, but thought a slightly more rural area could produce more.

OP
OP
C

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have yet to find the time to hit the 'burbs but will get around to it.

Called a bank near me yesterday and they said they had $400 of halves. This bank never has halves unless I order them, so I thought dumps for sure. Turns out it was the remainder of a box after a teller bought $100 (probably found 10 Enders!). Well, the 400 were pretty skunky, although I found two clad proofs and one 40%.

I had plans to hit some banks today, but had family obligations. I'll press on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions