Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
My season finally met its end last week as all my old and prospective sites are now planted or off limits. Was definitely a time of ups and downs. Between the cold and snowy weather, winter wheat being planted everywhere, hunting allowed on Sundays, difficulty making contact with key property owners, my partner Dan having a baby and Joey moving, along with a myriad of other issues, my time in the field was less than half of what I've been accustomed to the previous 3 years. But in spite of all that craziness, I was still able to salvage a pretty good year capped off with 3 banner finds along with 12 colonial silvers and an even greater number of coppers. The obvious highlight was the recovery of the incredible Lord Baltimore sixpence at the very beginning of the season. And the 17th century basket sword hilt and patriotic rattlesnake and stars button from the Rev War era weren't too shabby either. The 18th century sword guard I dug recently was a nice find too, but that's been sent off for some restoration work. I won't go into anymore detail here, but thought I'd just post a few pics of some of my finds from the 2014-15 season. As I usually do, I've put most of the better items in a nice wooden display case which is shown below along with a few close-ups. And BTW - the boxes pictured are finds grouped by individual site. Not sure how I'm going to survive the next 5-6 months, but hopefully between writing some articles, doing research, rearranging my displays, and getting out for a little water hunting, I should be able to keep myself occupied. Looking forward to getting back into the fields in the fall and continuing to pursue the discovery of undocumented colonial sites and revealing their secrets. HH to all.

Attachments

• 2014-15 all in boxes.jpg
    2014-15 all in boxes.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 2014-15 box1.jpg
    2014-15 box1.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 2014-15 box2.jpg
    2014-15 box2.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 2014-15 box3.jpg
    2014-15 box3.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 2014-15 box4.jpg
    2014-15 box4.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 2014-15 wooden display close-up.jpg
    2014-15 wooden display close-up.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 2014-15 wooden display2.jpg
    2014-15 wooden display2.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 2014-15 coins.jpg
    2014-15 coins.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 2014-15 banner finds.jpg
    2014-15 banner finds.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 20
OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing group of finds. You find such great stuff all year long that I forget about half of it until I see your year-end roundup. Your iron finds were especially amazing this year....I love looking at the hilt basket and the andiron is cool as heck.

Let's get our ducks in row so there's no idle time next winter. I'll be all moved in and ready to go so let's get our research ready!!

Thanks a bunch Joey. I have to admit that I felt really bad for you this season as you had so much on your plate you could hardly find time to get out. Hopefully that'll all change next year, and I'm really looking forward to it. We've got 6 months to prepare so we won't have any excuses. Talk to you soon.

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, as good as you are at finding amazing stuff you're a better representative and ambassador for this great hobby which helps us out. There's certain people that we know are out there doing thinGS the tight way and treating property owners with respect and being completely honest. Your finds....well you already know how I feel about those. Too notch as always and considering that you didn't get out as much as normal it's d en more amazing. I appreciate the friendship we've developed buddy. Great year you had

You give me too much credit Abe, but I really appreciate your heartfelt comments. I've really enjoyed getting to know you better as well, and the more I learn about you the more I realize we're cut from the exact same mold. I'll definitely be following your adventures, and will continue to be your biggest fan. Good luck buddy, and I can't wait to see what amazing early artifact you pull out next.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
It shows that it took a whole lot of work to put that on the table this past season, a job very well done!

Since you got some time to collect your thoughts and come up with a game plan for the fall, the only other thing you could consider is an addition to your house, with all the great finds you make you'll need a whole another room to display them all!

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Bill if I had to emulate my detecting hobby after anyone, it would definitely be you..
The time and effort you put in shows..
The education you have giving me by your finds is priceless.
Way to go on a great year, and your 3 banners..
Look forward to the fall, to see what else you can recover from that new site..All the best.
George

Thanks a lot George - I really appreciate the kind words. It's both fun and a privilege to give back to this awesome hobby, and hopefully I've been able to help a few folks along the way or at least steer them in the right direction. You have some awesome and very historical sites up your way, and I have a feeling you're gonna pull out an amazing find in the not-to-distant future. I'm rootin' for ya man. Good luck and HH ..... Bill

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It shows that it took a whole lot of work to put that on the table this past season, a job very well done!

Since you got some time to collect your thoughts and come up with a game plan for the fall, the only other thing you could consider is an addition to your house, with all the great finds you make you'll need a whole another room to display them all!

Thanks man. I hear that comment all the time about needing to build an addition, but I'm in a relatively new house with plenty of space although its starting to get a little crowded. But I can't make myself part with anything :laughing7:.

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The many boxes full of stuff on the floor, is how you make your way to the goodies, that's a LOT of holes.
I like to keep my finds organized by site too, for the most part anyway.
A dozen OLD Silvers is a really good 14-15 season in my opinion. We just got started, but the spring season is going to be VERY short.

Rick - if you think that was a lot of boxes check out what I found the previous year :laughing7: .....

2013-14 boxes.jpg

CarolinaCurt

Jan 2, 2015
Pittsboro,NC
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC l l b, Nautilus l l , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds Bill, I wish I could come across home places like those.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Billy Boy thanks for the nectar....

Amazing recoveries thanks for saving the history..

~Blaze~

OP
OP
Bill D. (VA)

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Billy Boy thanks for the nectar....

Amazing recoveries thanks for saving the history..

~Blaze~

Thanks JB. Congrats on finding the rest of the buckle.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly amazing Bill, you exemplify the title Professional Treasure Hunter. Congrats on an absolutely incredible season.
ZDD

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
As said by others Bill those are AWESOME FINDS and thanks for posting them !!!! :occasion14:

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those finds would make my year, The Lord Baltimore alone! I think I may follow your lead & take a break when it gets scorching hot

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on all of your finds from last year Bill! :occasion14:

As I looked through your relic finds pictured here, I realized by the last picture, that my mouth was hanging open and I was drooling! :laughing7:

Best of luck to you in the fall when the fields open up for you again.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread