Recent hunts net me 5 more coppers and other relics

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello fellow TNetters. Here's a quick summary of my coin finds from my last two hunts, the first a solo hunt two Fridays ago and yesterday with my good friend Gold Panner here on TNet.

IMG_2379.JPG
I about keeled over from the heat two Fridays ago but managed a few relics and two older coins.

Wellington combo.png
The first was this 1814 Wellington Token from Canada - my second of this variety.

DB 1802.png
The second was this fairly decent 1802 Draped Bust LC.

July 7 finds with Gold Panner.png
Then yesterday I joined up with Gold Panner and we bounced around several old fields. Tough time of year for the fields since many remain uncut. We were essentially skunked out in the morning, but the first afternoon field was the "Creme de la Creme" yielding 5 coppers and a beautiful 1830 Capped Bust Half Dime. My take was the 1802 DB, the '53 Braided Hair and what I believe is another KG2 copper with Gold Panner nabbing the nice '29 Matron, the CT Copper and the half dime. I'll let him respond about those coins - really sick finds! Below are a few shots of my coins from yesterday.

BH combo.png
Here's the '53 Braided Hair - a nice example for sure.

DB combo.png
The 1802 DB is my second 1802 this year, 4th overall in 2019 and 20th in the past 4 years. She's seen better days but happy to have a date.

KG2 obverse.png
Here's what believe is another worn KG2 to add to my collection. It was found about 30 feet from Gold Panner's CT copper and since the legends are basically unreadable it could be another CT.

Copper total late June early July.png
Thanks for looking and get out there and start digging! It's waiting in the ground for you to find.

John

Upvote 32

crossfire631

Mar 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Minelab Equinox 600
Nice finds!! The 1802 Draped Bust in nice condition. I just found my first one yesterday but of course can not make out the date it’s too far worn. Congratulations!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt, they are all really nice considering, must have good soil, congratulations on all

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Outstanding old coppers! :notworthy:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Congratulations. Very nice.:icon_thumright:

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Such nice finds, John!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I think those braided hairs were made out of titanium. They seem to hold up so well underground for so long. Best condition copper I ever dug was a braided hair. Pretty much looked brand new. Congrats to you guys on a nice variety of colonial and post colonial coppers. :occasion14:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1853 is a beauty. Nice handful of saves. Congrats

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was certainly a good day detecting. Looking forward too seeing gold panner's post!

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Lincoln penny. The rest pretty good too:)

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow 5 coppers gettin a little greedy huh. Lol Those are some great finds I need a day like that soon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread