Reclaimed Buggy Wrench

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've not posted in a while, but I found this item very recently - a buggy wrench, circa 1900 I think. It was quite rusty coming out of the ground, but after soaking it in apple cider vinegar for a few days, working on it with a wire brush, coating it in 3 in 1 oil and then sealing it with several coats of polyurethane, it makes a rather nice display item. I love restoring these old iron tools.

buggy wrench.jpg

Upvote 10

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be wrong too but it looks like a Wrench to open up 50 gal drums. Still cool looking

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. Found one just like yours and did not know what kind of wrench it was, thanks for the id.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking results on the buggy wrench, is there any makers mark on the other side?

The reference book by P.T.Rathborn would a great must have book for finding out the ID of farm implements

[h=1]The History of Old Time Farm Implement Companies and the Wrenches They Issued[/h]

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heck of a restoration job on it, very cool, display that proudly!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Very cool. One of my passions is collecting old tools. Primarily stuff from factory tool kits and marked with either a motorcycle or automobile manufacturers name. Here's most of a Model T or A tool kit with the exception of the double box end wrench. That's from a Ford tractor kit.

Attachments

• P1010096.JPG
    P1010096.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 62

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread