Recovering Relics

Jan 12, 2010
New England
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On February 20, 2012 I went metal detecting for the first time with my Whites MXT at my neighbor's house, built in 1695. I had hunted it heavily for almost a year with two other machines, so I was interested to see how the new machine would do at a hard-hit. Well, I was very impressed with the MXT's performance! I have been hunting in "Relic Mode" with the trigger clicked forward and have Gain & Disc. set the the factory settings. I plan on eventually messing around with the settings but for now, while I'm still getting used to it, I'm using the factory settings. It was a great day diggin' at the colonial farm house. I ended up finding my first Buffalo Nickel of the year, an old Good Luck token with a swastika on it, my first crotal bell, a pocket knife, and not shown in the video is what I believe to be a Native-American artifact. But the highlight of the day was my first silver coin with the Whites MXT and the first silver coin of the year! Before it, I found 2 Wheat Cents and 2 Lincoln's in the same hole, then finally my 5th ever silver coin, a 1964 Roosevelt Dime! I've said it a million times already, but I'll say it again; I love the MXT!!! It was another great hunt and I'm looking forward to getting back out there and recovering some more relics!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread