Recycle plastic rolls?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This just in...

AlGore just got stripped of his Nobel prize after scientists in the north pole debunked Global Warming.

They did, however, shamefully admit they still believe there is sting evidence that he IS the inventor of the internet.

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a plastics guy, I would say that they are most likely either HDPE or PET(E) and thus recyclable. When in doubt, just throw them in your recycling bin and let them decide.

OP
OP
E

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, thank you guys. I like to help when I can.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you are not rerolling your coins, you can reuse them. If you use something (a fingernail in my case) to "stretch" one end a little, the coins will slide out. When you are done looking at the coins, they will slide back in. In a couple of minutes, the stretched end will return to its original size, so the coins won't fall out. I use a sharpie to put a XX on the roll itself so I know I've already seen it, then it goes back to the bank to trade for more.

Scott

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless you are not rerolling your coins, you can reuse them. If you use something (a fingernail in my case) to "stretch" one end a little, the coins will slide out. When you are done looking at the coins, they will slide back in. In a couple of minutes, the stretched end will return to its original size, so the coins won't fall out. I use a sharpie to put a XX on the roll itself so I know I've already seen it, then it goes back to the bank to trade for more.

Scott
No bank will take the clear rolls back from me. How I wish they would...

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great thread, with the amount of coins we go through I think i deserves some attention how to minimize paper and plastic waste

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's too bad they won't take them back in the plastic rolls. I guess I have it easy. I put the rolls back into the boxes, put the same XX on the top of the box, and take that back and trade it for another box. Quick and easy and I've never had a problem. The tellers know not to give me the ones with the XX on them and actually make sure that those are the first ones they get rid of to other customers.
Now if I can just keep the branch when it changes from HSBC to Key Bank, I'll be happy. My other branch is changing from HSBC to Community Bank. They've both said that they will keep trading with my as long as the new "owner" allows it.

Scott

Circa

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks I have deposited clear rolls at have always taken them right away. I have never had a problem, thats odd in my opinion they wouldnt take them back the way they sell them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread