Relic kinda day.

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the arrowhead hunting has been put on hold for now. We ran up to the old RR town to keep searching and plotting out where we need to hit the hardest. Some relics here and there. Not much in the way of coins for today though. While walking from the old water tank, I came into what I think is a garbage ditch area. Get a nice hard hit on the E-Trac at 1-42. Dig it out and see a nice old RR Lock. I put it away in my pocket but she won't fit cause of the chain still attached. I pull it out and see the top clasp has some writing. It says "NCO Ry". This made my day since we were next to the old RR grade and this lock has eluded all of us. We have some keys, the old bail seals and now a lock!!! Kinda figured my day was done.....Had to play with the doggies since they were helping dig!

After some more walking we find the old stock yard and corrals. This place is covered with metal and trash. It was getting dark and after the 3 of giving a pint of blood to the mesquitos, it was time to go. Son did find a 24-S Wheat walking from the stock yard area so there has to be something good there when we get back to hit it. Our other buddy found an 1885 IHP near the old school house. Anyway, slow going and no detecting next week!:BangHead: Work and school getting in the way!!!!!!!!

mad23rda.jpg

mad23rdb.jpg

mad23rdc.jpg

mad23rdd.jpg

Upvote 4

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out and living the dream. :thumbsup: Those are some cool relics. Is that heart shaped item a piece of old jewelry?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that old Railroad lock. Those are always nice to dig. Also like the Tootsie Toy car although it seems to have a couple of flat tires !

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool Finds! Beautiful dog!!! :dog:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BASQUE NICE FINDS . THE RR LOCK IS NEAT PEICE.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice BM! I like the lock... and I see a Tootsie in the mix. Best of luck to you and the boy!

OP
OP
basque-man

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out and living the dream. :thumbsup: Those are some cool relics. Is that heart shaped item a piece of old jewelry?

Thanks LD. The heart shaped thingy, we don't know. We find them everywhere out this way. Very light and flimsy. They do shine up when we clean them though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread