tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by this old feed store to relieve myself as I have more of a need to do that the older I get. I noticed this old porcelain shade lamp overhead and I've seen Mike on American Pickers get all giddy and excited when he comes by those on his pic's. Mike always buys them if he can get em at the right price. I didn't even have to ask the old ghost who runs the place if he'd be interested in selling it. He can read your mine. He simply said "It ain't for Sale" and don't ever think about that thought of an extension ladder and hacksaw going on in that foolish brain of yours. Told him I'm sorry and it's extinguished from my thoughts now and thanks for the use of the restroom as I'll be a move'n on. The one good thing about this old country feed store is you don't have to buy anything to use the restroom, besides that, they don't have a lot on hand anymore.

Attachments

• trip 031417 store 1.jpg
    trip 031417 store 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
  • trip 031417 store 2.jpg
    trip 031417 store 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • trip 031417 store 3.jpg
    trip 031417 store 3.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 47

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one of those lights out in the shed. ''Come-on Mike, I'll sell it to you for a couple hundred bucks?''

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well looking on eBay one with the conduit attached went for almost 50 bucks. The shades alone is good for an average of 20 bucks. I did like the old store shelving inside. I wonder what kind of wood they were built from? I only looked inside the doorway. Never know who's watching ya in a place like this?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some neat old light shades. If you saw an abandoned building here with a door open or windows open, chances are it was used for making meth. Might be a good thing you didn't explore further. I noticed the trim on those shelves myself too!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Cool pics. I love finding places like that. Not many around here. For anyone wanting those old style lights just for the "look" without paying the high prices just to end up having to rewire them Home Depot sells something similar only brushed Aluminum. A rattle can of HunterGreen later and there you go..

Attachments

• IMG_2473.JPG
    IMG_2473.JPG
    805.9 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some neat old light shades. If you saw an abandoned building here with a door open or windows open, chances are it was used for making meth. Might be a good thing you didn't explore further. I noticed the trim on those shelves myself too!
Most of the meth problem out here has been eradicated within the last 10 years now I've noticed. Can't say I've seen any methheads in some time now. We do have potheads all over now. From where I'm sitting now I can see the neighbors through the window out in their backyard puff'n away. I can smell it sometimes also. I get a whiff of that stuff and look out the window and there they are passing a pipe.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pics. I love finding places like that. Not many around here. For anyone wanting those old style lights just for the "look" without paying the high prices just to end up having to rewire them Home Depot sells something similar only brushed Aluminum. A rattle can of HunterGreen later and there you go..
Looks like a 67 Camaro in the one bay. Boy those sure were the car designed for the poor kid DIY mechanic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread