Right Place Right Time First Mercury Dime!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello TNet!

Here is what I found my last couple hunts. Its been slow going but I found some keepers since last weekend.

001.JPG 002.JPG

My first Mercury Dime! 1944. My kids wanted to go to a playground last weekend. We went to one with a pavilion built in the 1930s. There for about 45 minutes and out pops this beauty! Stuck in between two pull tabs about 7 inches apart! Strange signal but went for it anyways and Im so glad i did! Called it quits after that.

TMD album 1 016.JPG

The next day I went to the same pavilion. Had a flag pole in front which is where I started. Found the better half of a 21 Gun Salute! All in a line in about 30 to 40 feet in length. First 4 plugs were these blanks, then collected the rest over a few hours.

TMD album 1 011.JPG

No idea what this is. Its brass. It was near the flag pole as well. Has a threads near the handle part and is very sharp. My guess is part of a Multi-Tool or an old tobacco pipe cleaner. Let me know if you know!

TMD album 1 015.JPG

Found this 1944 D Wheat penny on the opposite side of the pavilion from the Merc. I gave up getting too close to the pavilion as each swing resulted in about 10 pull tab signals.

TMD album 1 010.JPG

Today I found this Wolf Scout Clasp and not much else exciting. I was at the same park but far from the pavilion and flag pole. Tons of trash. Just one of those hunts I guess. Every plug I dug resulted in yellow jackets swarming the dirt where I was digging. It was about 85 degrees and hasn't rained in weeks here. Hopefully it will before my next hunt.

TMD album 1 017.JPG

So here are all the keepers from my last hunts.
Thanks for looking everyone and Happy Hunting!

Upvote 26

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
carpenter's square awl, for scribing lines. congrats on the sweet silver merc and the boy scout

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
carpenter's square awl, for scribing lines. congrats on the sweet silver merc and the boy scout

I considered that a possibility but thought it was too small. Thanks for the quick ID dirtlooter.
HH

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on scoring Merc #1 to be followed by many more. I did a court house lawn once and dug a handful of blanks. Also a military reenactment and dug enough that I stopped digging them. The Wolf clasp is really COOL! I think I have dug about every category of scout related clasps but, not sure if I got the wolf or not? Glad your getting out and finding some cool stuff.:headbang:

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congrats on that first Merc! I just found mine a few days ago. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on scoring Merc #1 to be followed by many more. I did a court house lawn once and dug a handful of blanks. Also a military reenactment and dug enough that I stopped digging them. The Wolf clasp is really COOL! I think I have dug about every category of scout related clasps but, not sure if I got the wolf or not? Glad your getting out and finding some cool stuff.:headbang:

Thanks Kurious! Happy to find it for sure and cant wait till the next! Might try to find the other 10 but it was exhausting. I knew what it was every time though after the first hand full. Finding the clasp took me back to when i was a young wolf lol and defiantly made my hunt today..

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Congrats on that first Merc! I just found mine a few days ago. :occasion14:

Thanks and congrats on yours. Definitely thought it would take me a lot longer to find one. Im calling this one a fluke.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Merc, Congrats! The spot with all the pulltabs is hiding some nice finds. A small coil will help you find them, good luck!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds- Congrats on your first merc- hope there's many more in your future!

-- Jeff --

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the Mercury!! It sure pays to dig those "odd" or "iffy" signals sometimes.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Very big congrats on your first merc! I still remember mine. Took me a while to find but now they show up more regularly :)

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Merc, Congrats! The spot with all the pulltabs is hiding some nice finds. A small coil will help you find them, good luck!

Thanks! Was shocked when it cleaned up so well. She was lost very young. Want to get my own detector soon. The Ace is loaned to me. Small coil is on that list too. Lots of history in my park.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions