Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got that call again. My son in law lost his wedding ring a week ago. While cleaning up limbs from the yard it went flying into the woods with a stick. So today we were up there for a rescheduled Easter gathering with the family. I had two helpers, but it didn't take long to find it. It was already under the leaves but when I uncovered it, my helpers said (WE FOUND IT). With my metal detector, I have found and returned dozens of rings to the owners. The feeling of returning something so special never gets old.

Attachments

• rr3.jpg
    rr3.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 28
  • rr2.jpg
    rr2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 20
  • rr.jpg
    rr.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 20

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the find and return. None of my business but I'm just sayin' - if that's a tungsten ring, I'd urge him to get rid of it and get a gold band. Should the need ever arise to cut that ring off due to an accident, it's a near impossible job which could result in the loss of a finger. My personal opinion is they shouldn't even sell them. A few years ago a guy here injured his hand in an accident and his finger was broken and swollen. Emergency responders worked for about 2 hours to cut his ring off.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job on the find and return. None of my business but I'm just sayin' - if that's a tungsten ring, I'd urge him to get rid of it and get a gold band. Should the need ever arise to cut that ring off due to an accident, it's a near impossible job which could result in the loss of a finger. My personal opinion is they shouldn't even sell them. A few years ago a guy here injured his hand in an accident and his finger was broken and swollen. Emergency responders worked for about 2 hours to cut his ring off.
Well I hope I'm never around in a dire need of those Emergency responders.
Simple theory says tungsten is a brittle compound.
Took under 30 seconds to find a solution to taking it off. Vice grips or a hammer.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got that call again. My son in law lost his wedding ring a week ago. While cleaning up limbs from the yard it went flying into the woods with a stick. So today we were up there for a rescheduled Easter gathering with the family. I had two helpers, but it didn't take long to find it. It was already under the leaves but when I uncovered it, my helpers said (WE FOUND IT). With my metal detector, I have found and returned dozens of rings to the owners. The feeling of returning something so special never gets old.
Another notch on the return belt, congrats.
The 2 helpers look excited looking at the recovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions