River produces early man

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went down to my river site in hopes of achieving a 3 consecutive silver day but failed, BUT much to my surprise I found this Lanceolate.
It appears to be Archaic made from Coshocton flint. It looks like an Ohio Frazier Lanceolate.
The base looks broken which could have been how it was lost. Usually a point of this size would have been reshape and reused as something smaller.
Also ironically enough, I found these 2 .22 rimfire cartridges literally inches away. I wonder if they could talked to each other, what would they say.
Also found this 1936 Wheatie which is always a welcome find.
The rest, 40 cents in clad and fishing weights mostly.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1473897484.782966.jpg

Upvote 12

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a keeper! Nice find!

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without the base its impossible to tell who made it. Its not paleo. Nice find........

OP
OP
neodetectorist

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Without the base its impossible to tell who made it. Its not paleo. Nice find........
Yes Catherine, Thank You. You are absolutely correct. Definately not Paleo. Not too many of those in our northern area of our woodland state and yes also on no base for identification. Both great catches.
Ohio is well known for its grey and black flint types AND woodland and Archaic relics. I just put together the area I found it in, flint type, flaking, and assumed.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That point may be broken, but beautiful nonetheless!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS STRAIGHT TO THE POINT .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread