ROBBER LEWIS CAPTURE

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I'm moving out to Arizona and as a New Years gift I'm passing along a treasure lead. I found this account going through some old records at the Carnegie Library in Pgh. All the info you need is in this story of the Lewis arrest. The arrest was after a large robbery and there may be gold stashed nearby. Look for big rock or small caves near the farm house. Good luck. I was having trouble posting this and I hope it comes out OK.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    479.9 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 314
OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Attached is a map of the area. I would look up in the hills behind the farm. Look for rock formations or a small ledge or cave.

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 305

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
It's an interesting story that I have several times before. I'm curious as how you picked the hillside behind the farm as to where there might be gold buried. And if I find any do I have to share with the land owner? Hate to see people leave Pa, but have a good time in Arizona

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sgtfda. Great story and good information. Did you ever get the chance to check this site out yourself and does the land owner allow hunters on site. I been looking for one of Lewis hide out caves on Boone Mt. and this is a new one to check out. Thank You

OP
OP
sgtfda

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
I've not had the time to visit the site. History points to Lewis stashing items in small caves. If I were to search this site I would look for a landmark of this type. In that area it would be in the hill behind the farm or the one to the south. You need to start somewhere. I have a nose for these things and it points that way. I have some other stuff that I will post later on some other sites in Pa. all with exact locations. I had a GMT that I added more rods onto and with a small coil is perfect for searching under those ledges and into small caves without getting you hand nailed by a rattler. Picture posted. You can mod your equipment without breaking the bank.

Attachments

• 9detector.jpg
    9detector.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 302
  • 9detector.jpg
    9detector.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 312

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions