Rock

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No idea. Is this at a place that you can travel to?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
no, not man made, jus erosion .... what are you referring to in the last picture, all I see is a rock.

OP
OP
N

nopeseeya

Dec 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 150, Garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no, not man made, jus erosion .... what are you referring to in the last picture, all I see is a rock.
The last pic shows sign of life

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google sandstone concretions I believe that is what you have.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these around Los Angeles area? Most boulders I have seen around San Diego area are granite and the L.A. area is a raised ancient seabed so large sandstone concretions would probably be more likely there. My brother has found fossilized shark teeth on hills in the L.A. area while doing construction.

OP
OP
N

nopeseeya

Dec 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 150, Garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are these around Los Angeles area? Most boulders I have seen around San Diego area are granite and the L.A. area is a raised ancient seabed so large sandstone concretions would probably be more likely there. My brother has found fossilized shark teeth on hills in the L.A. area while doing construction.
Ill have to learn about sandstone concretions. thank you for the info.
It sits in a large mound of rocks. Its the only one ive seen that looks like that..

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread