Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Hope everyone has had a good weekend so far.
I had high hopes for this sight ive been wanting to go to for some time.
It was an old swim beach in the 1930s on the 'Mighty' Milwaukee River.

image01.jpg

636162907087453631-estabrook-7-12-32.JPG

So I get down there, turn on my machine and its blowing my ears out instantly. Not in a good way.
I thought it was broken. Here I am thinking I need to get my own new machine and pay for the Ace I have loaned to me.
I didnt even think about GIANT RADIO ANTENNA across the river having an effect. BUT it did. :BangHead:
Pretty bummed that I cant hunt there. I know there are some treasures wanting to be saved.

With little more than an hour to hunt I go to my trusty trashy park.
Go to an old home site where I had found a Model T Ford Key in the past.
Nothing but nails, pull tabs, can slaw ect. the whole time.
Then walking back to the car had a good solid nickle signal i think it was.. I wasnt really focusing at the time.

TMD 4 001.JPG

TMD 4 002.JPG

Had a minor heart attack as thought it was going to be my first silver quarter. Its the size of one.
But just as cool its my first token / good luck charm. So ill take it! Can i say its my first horse shoe? lol
I will be carrying it with me from now on while swinging the coil!

Thanks!
Good luck to everyone!
Happy Hunting!

TMD

Last edited:
Upvote 18

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad about the emi at the river, looks like a dynamite spot. Nice token though!

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad about the emi at the river, looks like a dynamite spot. Nice token though!

Thanks SD! Definite bummer but thankfully its not the only old beach on the river...

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. Can't count the posts I've read that include " on the way back to the car ". Did you try detecting in the water at the swim site? It may be possible. Have to think waterproof detector on that though. Good luck.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find. Can't count the posts I've read that include " on the way back to the car ". Did you try detecting in the water at the swim site? It may be possible. Have to think waterproof detector on that though. Good luck.

he's right on that, I always take a round about walk back to the truck, detecting all the way. it has paid off several times

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on your first token & a Good Luck one too. Did you try lowering the sensitivity on your Ace? That does look like a nice spot to snag a few keepers. We need even more rain. Only wetted the first few inches of dirt here.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he's right on that, I always take a round about walk back to the truck, detecting all the way. it has paid off several times

I agree. I usually take the long walk back to the car :]

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ive thought about it but didnt try. I have a waterproof coil. Being so close to the tower could I detect in the water with no issue? The spot has been heavily fished over the years not sure id pull out anything other than sinkers and beer cans...

OP
OP
Centsless Detecting

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on your first token & a Good Luck one too. Did you try lowering the sensitivity on your Ace? That does look like a nice spot to snag a few keepers. We need even more rain. Only wetted the first few inches of dirt here.:icon_thumright:

Thanks Kurious. I did lower it all the way and it still went kookoo. Also really thought it was broken so i got as far away from the tower as i could to test it. Still was somewhat erratic so i bailed and went to my happy place. Same here with the rain. First few inches like butter then nice chunky dry soil under that..

Leroy36

Tenderfoot
Mar 17, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Cobra Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found the EXACT same token, actually like 12, up at the North Prairie Harvest Fest site

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice recovery on the good luck token. The issue with the EMI really sucks, I had that happen in FL detecting along a waterway and then bang everything went nuts, shut off the detector, turned it back on, still it was going wonky, I walked around a small bend and there sat a radar tower that wasn't even high, but it really kicked the crap out of the Minelab.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sorry to hear about the EMI issues, that river beach has great potential. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions