Rust remover

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
My wife had this due to high iron content in our deep well. I tried it on some rusted harness iron. I was quite impressed with the results. I didn’t do any before & after shots. I will do more items and show the results. I’m not recommending this product yet. As with any chemical, read the label and follow the precautions. If this has been discussed on TNet previously, I apologize for reiterating. 👍🏼

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9

OldWest

Aug 23, 2014
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife had this due to high iron content in our deep well. I tried it on some rusted harness iron. I was quite impressed with the results. I didn’t do any before & after shots. I will do more items and show the results. I’m not recommending this product yet. As with any chemical, read the label and follow the precautions. If this has been discussed on TNet previously, I apologize for reiterating. 👍🏼
I've been told to try soaking things for a few days in white vinegar, like old tools and such. I will probably try it sometime.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I've been told to try soaking things for a few days in white vinegar, like old tools and such. I will probably try it sometime.
Yes. White vinegar is a good choice. I use it frequently. It works better on some rust types than others. I was just trying other choices to see what works well.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its mostly oxalic acid. You can get oxalic acid by itself pretty inexpensively.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread