School keeps giving up CW bullets and wet silver and gold keep popping up in the park along with 7 rings

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went back to the school and spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 25 coins with a face value of $1.48, a civil war pistol bullet, an IHP, 2 wheaties, a pair of glasses, tabs, fence wire and can slaw.

DSCN2759.jpeg

The digable targets are getting farther and farther apart, but the goodies keep coming out of the ground. The civil war bullet is a .44 caliber Colt T&T#34. It is only the second pistol bullet from the school and this one is in decent shape. The Indian head penny is an 1863 in decent shape. It is the FIRST civil war era coin to come out of the ground at this site. I have found a nice variety of things from the civil war camp, but coins have not been among them. Now this was a farm after the war and it may well have been lost long after the war. There is no way to tell for sure, but at least it is possible. Since I found the IHP, wheaties, copper memorials, and zinc shield pennies on this trip did I get a penny quadfecta? LOL

DSCN2760.jpeg

DSCN2762.jpeg

DSCN2761.jpeg

The bullet and the IHP were both mid tones in the dry hard ground so if you are ignoring the pop tab signals you are missing some goodies.

DAY 2
I went back for another school hunt and spent 4.5 more hours with the CZ21 and found 13 coins with a face value of $.59, another civil war bullet, the base of a large rim fire cartridge, part of a copper rivet, an older style shotgun slug, a Burger King hat pin, a stainless cross with the Lord’s Prayer on it, a wheatie, a Canadian penny, a brass whatzit, can slaw, fence tie wire, tabs and a horseshoe from the old farm.

DSCN2763.jpeg

IMG_6608.jpeg

Again not a lot of targets, but the goodies are there. The bullet is a Williams Type III. The cartridge base is the right size to be from a civil war Spencer round. This will be the first one of those I have found. It’s not in great shape, but at least it’s an oldie. This school has provided a lot of firsts for me. I’m glad I got the permission. My buddy at the school board is working on permissions for 2 more schools. They won’t be like this one, but you never know what’s in the ground until you dig.

DSCN2765.jpeg

DSCN2764.jpeg

The whatzit is brass and looks like it had a nut that held it in place against something. It has a slight taper to it and an intentional curve. Maybe a drain spout for something. It is possible a hose was attached to the borrow end. My best guess is that it is possibly from the 1920s to the 50s. If anyone has information on this one I would appreciate input.

DSCN2766.jpeg

DSCN2767.jpeg

DAY 3
I went west to a park swimming area I only do once a year because it is not used much. I took the ATPro for a 2 hour swim and covered most of the swimming area. The water level was about normal, not down much if at all. The targets were few and far between, not even much foil. I did manage to find 15 coins with a face value of $.94, a cheapie earring, a shoe grommet, an earring back, 2 sinkers, 2 rings, a silver earring, a broken pendant, very little foil and NO TABS.

DSCN2771.jpeg

Crabbie ( found him too) really like the rings, they are both silver and they are a matched set. They were only 5 feet apart and in the part 21 years I have found 6 or 7 just like them. The earring is also silver with what is supposed to be an opal. They sell for $14.98 a pair on Amazon. Probably a man made opel.

DSCN2772.jpeg

DAY 4
I went further west to another park swimming area that I hunt once or twice a year depending on the weather and is usullay good for a ring or 2. I spent 3.5 hours with the ATPro and found 9 coins with a face value of $.36, a small piece of copper wire, 3 rings, a heavy stainless screw pin anchor shackle, 2 tabs, a stainless nut, a stainless navel ring, fishing sinkers, fishing tackle, a leather and metal bracelet, a toy car and some foil.

DSCN2773.jpeg

DSCN2774.jpeg

Not as good as I have done in the past, but you always hope for the best and sometimes you get it and sometimes you don’t. Some people might say I am wasting my time on these unlikely spots, but if you don’t go you won’t get it, that if a certainty and sometimes you score big in the most unlikely spots.

DAY 5
I went for another water hunt at a camping swim beach in one of the parks. The water was much lower than I expected. It was just mid thigh deep which means there was not a lot of area to hunt. In 3.5 hours with the ATPro I found 23 coins with a face value of $2.38, fishing sinkers, a swivel hook, 2 rings and other assorted jewelry, a stainless crown (and that’s the tooth and nothing but the tooth lol), a tiny brass screw, some tabs and a little foil.

DSCN2775.jpeg

The Donald Duck earring is 925 made in China for Disney. The pendant is 14k with czs and is another quinceanera piece of jewelry (I found a ring last week). So I got my weekly gold and silver.

DSCN2776.jpeg

DSCN2777.jpeg

DSCN2778.jpeg

I found a few coins on the ground and in coin returns. I also found some pieces of jewelry in the roadway in the park during our evening walk and a nice 1911 wheatie in change at the market.

DSCN2779.jpeg

DSCN2780.jpeg

So I found 4 silvers and a gold, 2 civil war bullets, 7 rings and a decent amount of other stuff. Another good week in my book. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things

Upvote 15

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went back to the school and spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 25 coins with a face value of $1.48, a civil war pistol bullet, an IHP, 2 wheaties, a pair of glasses, tabs, fence wire and can slaw.

View attachment 2102675

The digable targets are getting farther and farther apart, but the goodies keep coming out of the ground. The civil war bullet is a .44 caliber Colt T&T#34. It is only the second pistol bullet from the school and this one is in decent shape. The Indian head penny is an 1863 in decent shape. It is the FIRST civil war era coin to come out of the ground at this site. I have found a nice variety of things from the civil war camp, but coins have not been among them. Now this was a farm after the war and it may well have been lost long after the war. There is no way to tell for sure, but at least it is possible. Since I found the IHP, wheaties, copper memorials, and zinc shield pennies on this trip did I get a penny quadfecta? LOL

View attachment 2102676

View attachment 2102678

View attachment 2102677

The bullet and the IHP were both mid tones in the dry hard ground so if you are ignoring the pop tab signals you are missing some goodies.

DAY 2
I went back for another school hunt and spent 4.5 more hours with the CZ21 and found 13 coins with a face value of $.59, another civil war bullet, the base of a large rim fire cartridge, part of a copper rivet, an older style shotgun slug, a Burger King hat pin, a stainless cross with the Lord’s Prayer on it, a wheatie, a Canadian penny, a brass whatzit, can slaw, fence tie wire, tabs and a horseshoe from the old farm.

View attachment 2102680

View attachment 2102679

Again not a lot of targets, but the goodies are there. The bullet is a Williams Type III. The cartridge base is the right size to be from a civil war Spencer round. This will be the first one of those I have found. It’s not in great shape, but at least it’s an oldie. This school has provided a lot of firsts for me. I’m glad I got the permission. My buddy at the school board is working on permissions for 2 more schools. They won’t be like this one, but you never know what’s in the ground until you dig.

View attachment 2102681

View attachment 2102684

The whatzit is brass and looks like it had a nut that held it in place against something. It has a slight taper to it and an intentional curve. Maybe a drain spout for something. It is possible a hose was attached to the borrow end. My best guess is that it is possibly from the 1920s to the 50s. If anyone has information on this one I would appreciate input.

View attachment 2102682

View attachment 2102683

DAY 3
I went west to a park swimming area I only do once a year because it is not used much. I took the ATPro for a 2 hour swim and covered most of the swimming area. The water level was about normal, not down much if at all. The targets were few and far between, not even much foil. I did manage to find 15 coins with a face value of $.94, a cheapie earring, a shoe grommet, an earring back, 2 sinkers, 2 rings, a silver earring, a broken pendant, very little foil and NO TABS.

View attachment 2102685

Crabbie ( found him too) really like the rings, they are both silver and they are a matched set. They were only 5 feet apart and in the part 21 years I have found 6 or 7 just like them. The earring is also silver with what is supposed to be an opal. They sell for $14.98 a pair on Amazon. Probably a man made opel.

View attachment 2102686

DAY 4
I went further west to another park swimming area that I hunt once or twice a year depending on the weather and is usullay good for a ring or 2. I spent 3.5 hours with the ATPro and found 9 coins with a face value of $.36, a small piece of copper wire, 3 rings, a heavy stainless screw pin anchor shackle, 2 tabs, a stainless nut, a stainless navel ring, fishing sinkers, fishing tackle, a leather and metal bracelet, a toy car and some foil.

View attachment 2102687

View attachment 2102688

Not as good as I have done in the past, but you always hope for the best and sometimes you get it and sometimes you don’t. Some people might say I am wasting my time on these unlikely spots, but if you don’t go you won’t get it, that if a certainty and sometimes you score big in the most unlikely spots.

DAY 5
I went for another water hunt at a camping swim beach in one of the parks. The water was much lower than I expected. It was just mid thigh deep which means there was not a lot of area to hunt. In 3.5 hours with the ATPro I found 23 coins with a face value of $2.38, fishing sinkers, a swivel hook, 2 rings and other assorted jewelry, a stainless crown (and that’s the tooth and nothing but the tooth lol), a tiny brass screw, some tabs and a little foil.

View attachment 2102689

The Donald Duck earring is 925 made in China for Disney. The pendant is 14k with czs and is another quinceanera piece of jewelry (I found a ring last week). So I got my weekly gold and silver.

View attachment 2102690

View attachment 2102691

View attachment 2102692

I found a few coins on the ground and in coin returns. I also found some pieces of jewelry in the roadway in the park during our evening walk and a nice 1911 wheatie in change at the market.

View attachment 2102693

View attachment 2102694

So I found 4 silvers and a gold, 2 civil war bullets, 7 rings and a decent amount of other stuff. Another good week in my book. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things
Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions