Scrappers

garbageman

Mar 20, 2009
Joliet, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Tesoro Tiger Shark
The show is called "Scrappers". It is on Spike TV Tuesday night at 9:00 Central Time. There are two consecutive half hour shows then they immediately replay the same two. Now I have to go back to the TV, I looked up the info but forgot to set it to record. :tongue3: -Garbageman

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on watching an episode or two (maybe more if it is worthwhile) and see if I can pick up an idea or two. The only thing that concerns me is that other people around me get the idea (and there are quite a few already) and increase the competition.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Drat I don't get that channel. I need to decide if I want more channels or less channels but HDTV right now have basic with HDTV but for same price can get more channels but no HDTV I want the science channel also they have detecting shows on there a friend tells me.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the two episodes, and I do not think it will last too long. And I do not think it will add a whole lot of people to the scrapping population. The scrappers on there look like they pretty much have the IQ of a rusty can.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wayne1956 said:
I watched the two episodes, and I do not think it will last too long. And I do not think it will add a whole lot of people to the scrapping population. The scrappers on there look like they pretty much have the IQ of a rusty can.

Their yelling, fussing, cussing, etc. is a real turn off and will kill the program. Sorry to say, they are excellent examples of the "everyday" people in the cities. (New York, Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Jersey City, etc.) I was once told by a Jersey girl (born and raised) that that was the way you had to act when you walked down the street. She said that you have to walk the street like you owned it and if anyone looked at you, you should ask them, "what the f--- you looking?" because THAT was expected and would get you respect. If you walk the street with your eyes looking down and not making eye contact, you would be taken as a wuss and be challenged. I told her that was nuts, but she said that's how folks are raised "in the city" and was the only way they knew.

I expect there will be someone to challenge that premise, but................there it is. As a truckdriver, I found that to be more truth than not. And, that area of the country is still well infected with hardcore racism. (whites and blacks)

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That show was awful. I couldn't stand more that a few minutes of it. Like all of the other idiotic reality shows, this show couldn't be further away from real life. It's just an hour of garbage designed to entertain the "lowest commom denominator" among viewers who enjoy watching a human trainwreck. A complete waste of time and an insult to any intelligent person.

I do enjoy "American Pickers" though. Those two guys are awesome!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I like American Pickers, too, but my most favorite is Under Construction with Johnny D. and big John Palonka. Johnny D. now has the show, 10 Grand in Your Hands, but Under Construction is WAAAAY better.

OP
OP
hypoman

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
I have to agree with you all..............it's dumb and won't last long.

Darshevo

Jun 16, 2010
Spokane, Wa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher CZ-6a
Its hard enough to break the stereotype of the drug addict scrapper that most people seem to have without ridiculous ignorant shows like this. The moron with the van with the spray paint and broken windows... Ya, I want THAT dip schmuck on my property picking stuff up. When I was dealing in cars hard core my craigslist ad said: I run clean dependable equipment, I will not show up on your property with a tow rope and 3 crack heads. You wouldn't believe how much business that got me.

-Lance

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Let's give these guys a break! It's hard to carry a water heater when you keep tripping on your IQ!!!!! ::) And we always have to remember what our parents tolds us. --------- It's not nice to pick on the handicapped ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread