Seated, couple IHs and V nicks also intresting relics

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it back today to my super sweet turn of the 19th century picnic site today and no sign of drying up. Found two Indians and two V nickles and my first seated dime from this site witch was 1891, last year for them but Im not complaining. Also found a silver broach pin with a persons face on it. Pocket knife, few hutch bottle stoppers, ring that I thought was gold but turned out plated. Last a cool relic witch looks like some type of brass gage face plate. Says Armitage Herschell & Co. Neat stuff nice to get back out and make some good finds. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 8
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Intresting, looks as though Armitage Herschell company built amusement rides mainly carousels during turn of 19th century.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, congratulations

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I love sites that give up the indians!, makes ya pumped that the seated and/or barbers are right around the corner!

Great finds!

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Very nice digs! Interesting group of finds. Hope that knife cleans up good too. Congrats!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You keep saying turn of the 19th century, but with the dates of the coins I wonder if you mean 20th century?
Good finds. I am fond of V nickels too. Glad to see you out and finding.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds. I sure would like to see a group shot of everything you have found there, if you get time some day.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg 57 Indians, 18 V nickels, 10 barber dimes including one 1894-O (not in picture gave to my dad) one seated dime and 1890 Morgan. Only two modern coins one wheat and one Lincoln. Lots of neat relics, this is the bulk of the better finds.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You keep saying turn of the 19th century, but with the dates of the coins I wonder if you mean 20th century?
Good finds. I am fond of V nickels too. Glad to see you out and finding.

Thanks, yeah what I meant, turn of the 19th - 20th century. Oldest coin I have found was a 74 v nickle and newest was 1906 with bulk being around 1900 give or take few years. Not including 1920s wheat and 1970s linclon witch must of been random drops that had nothing to do with events happening here prior to 1906.

Last edited:

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Helix! Keep at it! I'm on the road until around the 20th! Happy Hunting!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's great! All old and nothing too modern. Great seated and V-nicks are always a welcomed surprise. IHP's to boot? Awesome hunt

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW. Thanks for the group shot, that's one heck of a hall from one spot.

Yeah finding this site was a complete shot in the dark. I do a lot of local history/ research and never read anything about this site, probably why it was over looked by others because it was so poorly documented. I found a similar site recently in digging deep into local history. It was a short couple sentences talking about fund raisers held at "John Doe's" farm during civil war years for war effort in woods east of farm. Sure enough farm and woods are still there. That's one permission I don't want to screw up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread