Series 1977 $20 bill!

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4D0F109F-D87F-4ABA-9100-E4E484844FBD.jpg

C987999C-E6A7-4BA9-87C9-EB147AD58214.jpg

Was looking through my wallet and found this. In its condition, probably only worth face value. However, it is 44 years old, and it looks like it is offset a LITTLE bit on the front. Then again, I don’t have much experience with bills, so I don’t know. I mostly do coins.

Thought it was interesting, and wanted to share it.

Jared

Upvote 3

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats cool:icon_thumright:. I remember getting a crisp 85 $1 back in change a while back.

Hogtown Hunter

Jan 30, 2020
Florida
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Bill's are cool but don't seem to be worth much unless they are uncirculated? I was at my bank a few months back and the tellar who I've had many conversations about metal detecting and stuff says a customer brought in three $100 Bill's that were 1934 series. She shows them to me and they were in pretty good shape and I'd love to have paid the face value she offered. But I turned it down. Maybe a mistake but didn't have $300 to spend on it.
Also i asked her the other day about their coin machine and if it rejected silver coins because I've taken my pocket coin change there for a few years and have always checked my dimes and quarters before hand to see if they are silver. She said thier machine took silver coins. So.good thing I checked. Though haven't found silver coins in my pocket change for a long time. Found some wheat pennies and silver nickels.

13dolphins1

Gold Member
Jul 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Bill's are cool but don't seem to be worth much unless they are uncirculated? I was at my bank a few months back and the tellar who I've had many conversations about metal detecting and stuff says a customer brought in three $100 Bill's that were 1934 series. She shows them to me and they were in pretty good shape and I'd love to have paid the face value she offered. But I turned it down. Maybe a mistake but didn't have $300 to spend on it.
Also i asked her the other day about their coin machine and if it rejected silver coins because I've taken my pocket coin change there for a few years and have always checked my dimes and quarters before hand to see if they are silver. She said thier machine took silver coins. So.good thing I checked. Though haven't found silver coins in my pocket change for a long time. Found some wheat pennies and silver nickels.
Most machines dont as I find them in the reject bins all the time...[emoji16]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread