Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Behold the vast wealth I have acquired during my 2016 season!!

20161228_212142.jpg

Not much lol, my food scale won't even register how much it is, so it's under a gram! But I had a whole lot of fun finding it. I only made it out 4 times in 2016. I originally had my gold in a glass vial, but that broke (pretty sure everyone here said not to put your gold in a glass container :BangHead: lesson learned) and that kinda killed my enthusiasm. And with summer being so freaking hot I never made it back. But I plan to be back at it Monday in 2017!

Good luck everyone and stay safe in the New Year.

Upvote 0

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483085220.481660.jpg this was from the small few hours I got to get out this season

Bandmenter

Oct 28, 2016
Northern Iowa
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 2016 just got started in September, I got the fever. I am building a high banker sluice to be followed by a dredge. I have always wanted to do this as well as my youngest daughter. So my season has been filled with dreams, desire and fabrication. Looking forward to Late January early February to start sluicing. Happy new year to all.

Bill

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My digging season is Oct to March. I do snipe during the summer and guide clients.But I'm helping them get gold.
I have been selling monthly so don't have a compiled picture from October to now. I keep everything that has quartz and is over 10 mesh. I won't take a cut on specimins. Taking a hit at the jeweler is bad enough.
I can't wait four tourist season to kick back in selling my gold at 200% spot is much more fun than the sub spot I get from the Jeweler.
Here's what will be going this month I had a few delays because of mass creek flow..but the bedrock that's has been stripped on the claim has me excited for when my canyon has less shade and Ice so I can get my face back in the water.
For now it's scrape, shovel, scrape shovel..and a right foot the stays cold and wet.
The bigger piece is in an etch bath right now I'll share a pic when it gets rinsed sunday.

Attachments

• 1483111590533.jpg
    1483111590533.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this cool chip at the begging of the month. It has a cool crystal almost like a setting surrounded by gold

Attachments

• 1483111780860.jpg
    1483111780860.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 1483111795565.jpg
    1483111795565.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 122

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's rounded but looks like a terminated crystal

Attachments

• 1483111817778.jpg
    1483111817778.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 108

Mgumby16

Jun 26, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Had a great season didn't hit the goals I set but work took me out of town for most the summer. But did gain access to a few places I've been wanting to access, will hit those places hard in 2017. Big plans for 2017 can't wait!!! Will get out to dredge this weekend for one last time in 2016. Just remember that there is no gold in Virginia or on the east coast for that matter hahaha. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483117808.380624.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bonaro, that is an interesting picture of the dredge and the river. Why, because the water around the dredge has sediment in it but the water just down stream is Clear or, seems from the picture that the sediments settle out quite quickly unlike the claims made by Anti-Mining scum that dredging ruins the rivers. I guess they never bothered to look at the rivers at flood stage that are milk chocolate brown Every Year and the frogs and fish are still there. Also, correct or not, I read the picture that you were kicking back for a few minutes, what a great place to do just that. Best of success to ya..................63bkpkr

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently got into prospecting after a trip up north to the motherlode area In early September. I'm in the soak up the words of wisdom phase currently. I plan on making a couple of trips back in 2017 but haven't really decided where I'm going to go yet. Probably a 1 week trip in mid to late May or early June and another around September. Going solo so can't really go too far off the beaten path for safety reasons.

I picked up a specimen the 1st day of my trip at Empire Mine State Park. I really prefer the look of specimen gold over all other forms.

DSCN0576.JPG

While on my trip I did spend a day at a creek playing around. Sadly I spent most of the time looking at every little rock just in case. I wound up with about .25 grams of gold in the end. The majority of what I found was tainted gold and was one larger piece till I broke it apart....So called expert at the creek said it was a chunk of lead as there wasn't really any visible color till it was popped apart.

mercury2.jpg

Does eBay prospecting count?

I managed to pick this one up a couple months ago. It's only .75 grams but it has a really nice look to it.

Santa hat really brings out the bear in the little nugget.

Santa Bear.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, no gold on the east coast. Certainly none in Virginia the Carolinas, Maryland, Pennsylvania or any of those forgotten places.

Bonaro

Aug 9, 2004
Olympia WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Minelab SD 2200d, 2.5", 3", 4"and several Keene 5" production dredges, Knelson Centrifuge, Gold screw automatic panner
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bonaro, that is an interesting picture of the dredge and the river. Why, because the water around the dredge has sediment in it but the water just down stream is Clear or, seems from the picture that the sediments settle out quite quickly unlike the claims made by Anti-Mining scum that dredging ruins the rivers. I guess they never bothered to look at the rivers at flood stage that are milk chocolate brown Every Year and the frogs and fish are still there. Also, correct or not, I read the picture that you were kicking back for a few minutes, what a great place to do just that. Best of success to ya..................63bkpkr

The dredge is surrounded by sediment because we had moved about 60 cu/yds of channel and there was quite the pool of still water behind us. It tends to recirculate your tails a bit :laughing7:

Kickin back behind the dredge is my job. I have a client on the nozzle doing the real work.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worked my new claim this year didn't do so good but still able to get away from the hustle & bustle of the city.
sold about 10g for gas, finally found the gold line under 7-8 foot of overburden ended up working a side area.
2016_1231_205615_006.JPG
my Dredge; https://youtu.be/Ho8xJgUo3C4

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a pile o gold winners. And yes, overburden is a huge pita. I never thought it would be so hard. Last hole, as I worked down 3 feet, had zero gold in the first three samples and a quarter flake with a lot of fines in the last. Bedrock should be close compared to the rest of the terrain, and wanted it so bad this week but...just not happening. :sadsmiley:

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just started in October 2016 as a newbie, but spent a lot of time researching, mapping with Google Earth, and old geologic maps of Colorado. Had a lot of fun and am looking forward to 2017 and meeting local prospectors around the Denver Colorado region.
2016-Gold.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread