Short story about your FIRST permission?

cajamk

Jan 5, 2017
Northern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am now living in a area that I really do not know many people. I have gotten a permission to md where I work and from one new friend. I eye the many farms I pass and wonder about getting my first permission from someone I do not know. I feel strange enough being an older woman who loves detecting ....letting alone going to someone's house to introduce myself and ask permission to dig. How did you guys go about it? All responses are so appreciated.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went up to an old house once, after knocking this woman comes to the door. You ever see the fiat abarth commercial with the girl in a black and red dress?
Anyways she looked just like that woman. However, now she is dressed in a flannel robe. It could not hide the extreme fitness of her form.
As she was only half awake I briefly asked about detecting her yard and barn.
She softly yawned and gave me the ok, but only if I came in for her morning coffee first.

oh wait, what? No, I haven't asked for permission yet ( now, where was I ?)

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I helped a woman get her lawnmower started, and I asked and was given permission :)

Jangers

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2017
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
TreasurePRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an estate sale at a home built around 1820. While paying for a couple of antiques I asked the lady if I could come back and detect. She informed me that the place had been gone through by at least half a dozen people but I was welcome to see what I could find. It wasn't much...

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to have my wife with me,it lulls people into a false sense of security.ok it's not false but I do feel just the presence of a female makes people more comfortable .So just take a deep breathe walk up and knock.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread