Should i move on?

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Should i move on from pennies and if i do i dont know what to get.. should i get halves, nickels, dimes, or stay with pennies

i currently have 82 pounds of cents, 360 wheats, 2 IH, abunch of foreign coins and 196 canadians. I basicly have almost every year of the wheat penny except 1909,1911,1912,14,15,16,18,21,22,23,25. the rest i have either a P,D,S. Some years i have all the mint marks. I really liked pennies but its such a pain re-rolling them. I was thinking halves but i was afraid i would get rejected by the bank because it was from "curtisy" any thoughts? *dimes are too small

Upvote 0

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends what your looking for

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I like nickels and Halves. Now that I have more funds I do Nickels and halves and occasionally dimes. When I have less than $50 I usually do pennies.

BillyOceansEleven

May 6, 2011
I really liked pennies but its such a pain re-rolling them.

You were re-rolling pennies? Ouch! As much work as that is I would have been tempted just to dump them in Coinstar if you didn't have a dump bank with a counter. Just pennies your fee hit wouldn't have been too bad and you could always get a gift card to avoid the fee.

As jnb said, it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want to start hoarding silver, I'd go with halves or maybe dimes. If you want to build sets, I'm not sure it really matters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread