Shout out to all San Antonio and surrounding area.

San Antone

Jun 1, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star,
Garrett Ace 350,
Fisher Gemini-3
Primary Interest:
Other
If any one is interested, I have been given permission to metal detect The old campus of Peacock Military Academy in San Antonio by the alumni association. Peacock was founded in 1894 and closed down after the 1973 school year ended. It was deeded over to the Salvation Army. We are allowed to hunt the area around the barracks and headquarters. I am a former Kadet from 1970 to 1973. The alumni association is interested in any Peacock memorabilia to put in our headquarters display building. All money, jewelry found you can keep. Most all of the Peacock memorabilia will be brass except for any senior rings which were gold with a garnet stone set in place. The address is 2800 West Ashby. We are also allowed to hunt the area where the bleachers used to be. I will be out there tomorrow at 0800 hours. If interested bring your detector and come on out. Thank you.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
How did it go?

OP
OP
S

San Antone

Jun 1, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star,
Garrett Ace 350,
Fisher Gemini-3
Primary Interest:
Other
Spent 1st half of the day detecting area around the horse stables that had burned down back in 1965. A barracks were then built over the stables and the barracks were torn down in the 1980's. Nothing but junk but needed
to check anyway. Then went over to where the Senior Terrace is and hunted about a quarter of it. Found 6 quarters, 8 pennies, 1 dime and an cheap costume jewelry earring. Got to hot and humid so I went home. No silver. One of the pennies was a wheat penny. Still have a lot more area to hunt. Raining today. I have plenty of time. Probably go back out Tuesday morning. Thank you for asking.

SkySgt

Jan 19, 2014
Cibolo, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX (PI) and Garrett Ace 350 (VLF) detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Contact me at the email address below and I will see if I can make it over there to hunt with you. Must be on a Saturday or Sunday, though. I have a Garrett ATX with a 10" x 12" coil, which will hunt deeper than most other metal detectors with smaller coils.

Patrick Lanclos
Cibolo, TX
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread