Sign or Too Much Wine?

LeLo88

Jun 2, 2023
Hello everyone! Iā€™ve been going out to a site the last couple of weekends and found several fascinating rock formations. Iā€™m interested to hear yā€™alls thoughts on the pictures I snapped within this area.

Hole in Rockā€¦ My first walk-through.
This ā€˜hole in the rockā€™ was the first ā€˜markerā€™ I stumbled across while walking up a wash. This looked like one of sandy1ā€™s pictures for a Spanish Claim Marker (post #2, picture 49) ā€“ a face looking down.
0 Hole in Rock.jpg

Now this alone did not convince me that I might have stumbled across an actual Spanish markerā€¦ BUT that didnā€™t stop me from kicking around dirt in the wash with my shoe, hoping the Spanish might have been lazy enough to bury a chest of gold an inch below dirt (lol).

Curiouser and Curiouserā€¦ The next weekend.
I went back a week later to explore the area around this rock formation. This next picture I snapped was on top the hill on which the ā€˜hole in the rockā€™ was on.
6 On Top of Hill (marked).jpg

I notice two symbols ā€“ the large upside-down triangle on the mountain and the Indian medicine circle below. (points for those who see the creepy face between them!)

Walking away from the medicine circle, I staggered down another wash below and started to notice some rocks that looked like animals.
11a Symbol.jpg

12 Symbol.jpg

15 Symbol.jpg

Thoughts?
Now I have my own opinions on what these animal rocks resemble, but I want to hear what yā€™all see without bias.

Are these actual signs or did I just have too much wine? (jk, haha)

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
To much wine.

I see the face to the right of the line above the shade of the bush...

The rocks/stones/fragments (animal shapes for example) not having moved or been moved since so long ago when they would have been manipulated as markers?

looks like fun anyways. Congrats for being afield!

OP
OP
LeLo88

LeLo88

Jun 2, 2023
To much wine.

I see the face to the right of the line above the shade of the bush...

The rocks/stones/fragments (animal shapes for example) not having moved or been moved since so long ago when they would have been manipulated as markers?

looks like fun anyways. Congrats for being afield!

Thanks! It was pretty fun trying to see images. I hope to go back out there once the weather clears up!

I'm not sure if they could have been manipulated. Honestly, it is quite possible as that mountain (with the Triangle) is quite famous for holding a controversial find.

Points for you seeing that face! I had a friend point it out to me and got the willies! šŸ˜±

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
The monument with a hole/hoyo in it is a horsehead monument. I don't know for sure what they mean. Maybe a place where they stored things in between mines and travel routes to come back to , kind of leap frog area for ore/bullion. On the otherhand the horse is likely a "mule" type guardian. Could be a nearby crypt. It guards the flock (like sheep) always has in ancient cultures. The hole is just an eye catcher to get you to come closer, there will usually be another small peepsite or gunsite (something with a "V") type thing to look thru to another spot (maybe look over it's head between it's ears to a spot). The peeps/gunsites are usually on some significant compass bearing to another spot so they wouldn't lose it coming back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread