Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pounded a couple old farmyards and managed some keepers out of the continuous and unrelenting iron and farm junk. Got some really old wheaties, but couldn't snag an IH cent. And the silver drought is over! I was happy to see a little 1917 fishscale a few inches from rusty iron. The Deus with zero disc is the only way to go. The 1913 dog tag has got to be my favourite out of all the ones I've ever found. Ive found older ones, but never a dog's head design. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503365221.957169.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503365255.823555.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503365283.844601.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503365315.127956.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503365339.148225.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1503365376.418542.jpg

Upvote 23

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap those are a lot of good finds.I would like to ask your opinion I'm a coin hunter mostly do you think the deus would be the better machine by a lot or is the pro as good / Thanks if you don't mind the question!!!!! Tommy

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap those are a lot of good finds.I would like to ask your opinion I'm a coin hunter mostly do you think the deus would be the better machine by a lot or is the pro as good / Thanks if you don't mind the question!!!!! Tommy

Thanks Tommy, that's a good question and I'll give you my thoughts. First off, notice the picture of the large bag of iron and junk- I dig a LOT of crap, even with the Deus. I dig it because hey you never know, and also I like to remove junk at a site even if it takes years, so I can eventually get the masked goodies.

The ATPro is a fabulous detector, I used one for 4 or 5 years. I upgraded to the Deus because I heard such good things, and I wanted to see if I had missed anything with the ATPro. I am very impressed with the Deus, the recovery speed is blisteringly fast. Also, it can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. It's not cheap, but I do highly recommend it.

I would advise that you watch the series of videos explaining how the Deus works, I will post part 1 for you. Watch them all, and decide if it's something you want to devote time to learning.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GIgXQ0XZwZQ

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much. I really appreciate it .I hear ya on cleaning out iron I have a spot with old cans just the rims that read as 84 on my pro it is great at finding it and the iron grunt and audio help. I just need more depth is all.Thanks for the great post

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That's one of the cooler dog tags I've seen. Nice fish scale to boot. Those are nice little silver coins to dig. Good to see you got out man

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool dog tag and other finds.... I recognize that coronation token....very cool !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt and would been the best if you hooked a LC, though the Coronation token is close. Liking the tag! Great recovery for any display, one of the best I've seen.
Just started using 0 discrimination myself on the last two hunts. Did a Victorian cellar hole and the iron patch at the end I found that the 0 disc. really sniffed out the smaller items and I was happy with it showing me that in fact there was something missed. I dug less on 0 Disc. than what I have on the other settings it seemed.
Impressed at the recovery rate as well in the iron-Morris Code detecting when in the iron patch.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and would been the best if you hooked a LC, though the Coronation token is close. Liking the tag! Great recovery for any display, one of the best I've seen.
Just started using 0 discrimination myself on the last two hunts. Did a Victorian cellar hole and the iron patch at the end I found that the 0 disc. really sniffed out the smaller items and I was happy with it showing me that in fact there was something missed. I dug less on 0 Disc. than what I have on the other settings it seemed.
Impressed at the recovery rate as well in the iron-Morris Code detecting when in the iron patch.:laughing7:

Thanks Pepper. Yes using no disc in the iron really lets the recovery speed shine, whereas using disc starts to blur things a bit. It's a workout for the ears but seems to pay off!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
That dog tag is really sweet JC.

I like he fish scale too. I found my first half dime this year, and couldn't believe how small it was.

Best of luck to you sir!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, that is a pretty cool Dog Tag.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one of the cooler dog tags I've seen. Nice fish scale to boot. Those are nice little silver coins to dig. Good to see you got out man
Thanks Scrappy, it was good to get out. Hard to stay motivated with the heat and hard ground, but it was worth it.
Nice finds! That dog tag is so cool! Love finding awesome unique stuff like that
Thanks, at first I thought the tag was a piece of scrap brass. I was very pleasantly surprised when I flipped it over and saw what it was.
Way to be persistent! I'm learning that farms are tough. Takes a lot of patience.
Haha yep, those circa 1900 farms are an iron and junk nightmare. Gotta work hard to find the goods.
Very cool dog tag and other finds.... I recognize that coronation token....very cool !!
Thanks RV. Never dug this particular coronation token before. Not that old but I think it's pretty neat.
That dog tag is really sweet JC.

I like he fish scale too. I found my first half dime this year, and couldn't believe how small it was.
Best of luck to you sir!
Yeah man those little 5cent silvers are so small! Its easy to see how they wound up getting lost. The slightest wind will blow them away like dandelion spores.

Yeap, that is a pretty cool Dog Tag.
Thanks Cru. I might see if the records are still around and if I can find the name of the dog registered to this tag. Researching dogs-LOL

Last edited:

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds-especially the Fido tag

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All nice finds, but you really have to love that dog tag! Never seen one like that. Congrats!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Funny, the dog tag shaped like a dog and dated and "dog tax" on it made me look at this more than the cool coins which also deserve recognition. Nice finds!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree that's a cool dog tag
Nice