Silver Coin and Silver Ring Made My ATPro Sing!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great weather, soft soil, and a little free time joined up for some good digging today. I hit two parks and one schoolyard and came home with a (first for me) 1899 Barber dime, a .925 marked Ying-Yang ring, four other kids' rings, a cattle ear tag, a part to an oil lantern patented 1889, a part of an antique padlock body, and a vintage "Devle Dog" spinner lure. I also loaded up the pouch with almost $5.00 in clad and a few other odds and ends.

I always appreciate silver, but two in one day is special for me! The "modern" schoolyard where the antiques and Barber were located is built over an old cattle ranch. I have a feeling there is much more there to be had!

Thanks for looking, and Happy Hunting. 8-)Sub

Attachments

• Barber1.JPG
    Barber1.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Barber2.JPG
    Barber2.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Barber3.JPG
    Barber3.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Barber4.JPG
    Barber4.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 8

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on behalf of myself and all us frozen out "northerners" lol

great digs!!

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Barber dime. Looks to have very little wear--must have been dropped right at the turn of the century. How deep was it?

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Barber dime. Looks to have very little wear--must have been dropped right at the turn of the century. How deep was it?

Silverslug, The Barber rang up on the ATPro at a solid 81 (dime signal) and was about 6" deep. It may have had only a decade or two of pocket wear before being dropped, or flung out there by a tornado! Sub 8-)

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reading everybodys stories on here sure makes the cabin fever set in heavier.... Nice pulls from the dirt!!!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
excellent finds, congrats on the dime and the ring...yep, a lot of jealous or envious people out there right now. hope you find some more and maybe a little gold to boot

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds. I remember as a kid growing up in NY this old farmer had a small lake that had pickerel in it. He would allow me to fish there any time I wanted IF I did some chores for him. Since I loved to fish cleaning out his rancid ammonia smelling chicken coops seemed like a good trade. The only lure I ever used in that lake was a daredevil. I used to fish with one till all the paint was worn off by their teeth.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like the sweet sound of silver! Nice detail on the Barber dime! Congrats!
Sounds like you've got yourself a very promising spot! Maybe a gold coin or two will turn up! GL HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread