Silver contain walkers vs kenns

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
To me 90's are 90's no matter what they are. I do like finding Bens and Walkers but, I like stacking any 90's.
I dont know if anyone really weighs them when buying.
When I find Bens and Walkers I do keep the best ones for my personal albums. Trying to complete sets just from CRH.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
On a small scale its six of one, half a dozen of the other. A 90% is a 90%, the difference is negligible. When you start to talk large quantities though, sometimes 90% is sold by weight instead of face value in order to compensate for any wear so that you're actually getting the amount of silver you're paying for.

There is absolutely less silver in a slick Walker compared to a Kennedy. It's just not enough to matter until you are talking large quantities.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Avago said! It does matter. Look at dimes even. 50 mixed sometimes only fill 3/4 of a tube. 50 new? You can barely get the lid on. Same with halves. I know your just talking halves but it's the same thing. I learned this lesson before. on large quantity, some guys were buying at weight and some were buying Xface. I was buying at a real fair rate, at X face. All of a sudden I have guys bringing Bags, and boxes of rolls! The reason was they were mostly slicks. Then I figured it out! Either drop the percentage(xface) or buy by weight. We also learned it was easier to buy by weight instead of spending the time running them through a counter. That gets old real fast!:laughing7:

For the collector and resale? I would take walkers over Kennedy's! They are easier to sell. At least it was for me at that time. But for silver? I want the thickest! It adds up! either are just as good depending on the price you can get them for!:laughing7:

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen my LCS weigh 90% many times, usually when worn coins like mercs and Walkers are brought in.
Personally, if buying, I always pick out the '64 Kennedys out of mixed halves to get the most weight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread