Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out today to a new park; community center. It's big, didn't really know where to start so I just followed the coil. Found a few odds and ends and my first little silver trinket; pretty excited about that. Not even sure what made me dig it. The area is target rich to say the least. Got lucky.

Also... does anyone recognize the old bulb basses? When I cleaned them off I found the purple glass bits you can see in the photo.. is that just part of the insulation or possibly a purple bulb? The purple glass is very thick.

I was not ready to quit at 4:00. My dang propointer AT freaked out and I'm to lazy to dig without it. It seams to work fine for a couple hours then it just wants to peep always and for me reason, also the tone changes to something that I'm sure it is not designed to do.

The pendant says.. 925 SJC

That's about it... y'all have a good evening.

Danny.. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484267465.554385.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484267493.383768.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484267515.640477.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484267534.794017.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484267554.406376.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 26

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big congrats on digging your 1st silver. :occasion14: What pin pointer do you use? Did you try replacing the battery?

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
Congratulations on your first silver!

Loco has the most likely culprit. Mine has done it twice. First time, nothing worked to fix it. New batteries, nothing. Garrett ended up replacing it. Not long after that it started to do it again. Of course my mind immediately jumped to conclusions. Turned out to be the battery (come to think of it Loco might have been the one to point the obvious out to me that day 🤔).

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't replaced the battery.. I considered it; but didn't. It's the battery that came with it and I've only had it for a few weeks now. I'll try that first.

The symptom is... it works fine for a couple hours then it seems to just get wacky. I've noticed it seems to happen when I allow it to go off for an extended period. Say 20 sec. almost like it's overheating. I'll replace the battery; then send it in if necessary.

I still have my original pro pointer for a spare.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver did you know that you can balance the pin pointer Learned that from a Garrett Tech!!!!! keeps it from going crazy in the whole plug to focus directly on the target I never knew that before works great!!!Keep up the great finds

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The carrot allows you to ground balance it, if you are in highly mineralized soil. Before you turn it on touch the pointer to the dirt inside the hole, then turn it on. Once it's on you lift away from the dirt and conduct your search. Easy peazy japenizy!!!! Works very well!!!!!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Carrot needs to be turned off after every coin retrieval. It will go into a beeping mode, thinking you dropped it if you leave it ON. It's a feature I appreciate. I dropped my black pro pointer in a woods back in 2014 and it laid there silent and took me 45 minutes to locate it in the dried leaves.

Last edited:

Geochem

Dec 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From the finds the location looks like an interesting place for MD.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, the sweet beep of silver! Nothing like it. Congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on your first silver find! May your coil find many more! :occasion14:

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys.. I'll be headed back to Seattle next week; so my detecting will be limited do to weather.

However, I do have a old 1800's house that I get to hunt after the weather clears; pretty stoked about that.

Only problem.. I'm not sure if I'll be taking my Fisher with me, I have a Compadre and a Land ranger pro up there. I've never used the land ranger pro.. I hope I don't regret my decision to leave the Fisher; I'm starting to like her.

OP
OP
DannyB.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big congrats on digging your 1st silver. :occasion14: What pin pointer do you use? Did you try replacing the battery?

Just a follow up...

The new battery definitely stopped the erratic behavior...

So.. replace those batteries!!

Here's my little gorilla tape battery case that fits perfectly in my Park Ranger digger pouch.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486065713.727123.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486065729.807882.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486065747.800012.jpg

Took 5 min to make... keeps the batteries from arking off of anything metal I may throw in there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions