Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are only two really big silver mines left in the world. Everybody else, and there are only a few, are chump change when the SHTF.

But then again, I am only a person on the internet with my own opinion.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to the coin shop today and was thinking about buying some silver dollars for investments. They have a "grab bag" with mixed common dates and qualities. About a month ago the price was around $24.-- each with spot at around $28.-- Today they wanted to charge me $28.95 per coin from the grab bag. Does this make sense? I would have thought the price would be lower because of the spot price.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Went to the coin shop today and was thinking about buying some silver dollars for investments. They have a "grab bag" with mixed common dates and qualities. About a month ago the price was around $24.-- each with spot at around $28.-- Today they wanted to charge me $28.95 per coin from the grab bag. Does this make sense? I would have thought the price would be lower because of the spot price.

Spot price goes lower, but the demand increases. Supply and demand. He's just making a bit more of a premium.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My LCS was asking $15 for halves and $3 for dimes last weekend. They don't have much inventory right now because no one is selling. If you want his silver you'll have to pay for it. I believe silver is about to go up.

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Recently, after the (disappointed) FOMC meeting, metals were smashed then few weeks later they shot back up. I think it will do the same this time around. We should take advantage of each disappointed FOMC event.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I honestly hope it drops below $20. Because then I could really stock up on some dollars. But after that I would hope it go up to like $100, lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread