• IMG_20230620_195027000~2.jpg
    IMG_20230620_195027000~2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Lownslow

Dec 22, 2008
Hot Springs, Ar
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold, Minelab Explorer XS/Sunray Pin Pointer, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher Gemini III Two Box, Leche digging tool, Samson ball handel shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a quick stop at my local Walmart for some squirrel food. (corn in a bag). If I don't keep the squirrels fed they will turn on me. :)

Anyway, I did my obligatory stop at the coinstar where a silver 54 Roosevelt dime was waiting for my patronage...

Thanks for viewing!
Congrats on a nice find!

detectorcowboy

Nov 30, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800, & Fisher CZ3D
Did a quick stop at my local Walmart for some squirrel food. (corn in a bag). If I don't keep the squirrels fed they will turn on me. :)

Anyway, I did my obligatory stop at the coinstar where a silver 54 Roosevelt dime was waiting for my patronage...

Thanks for viewing!
I have stuck out at the CoinStar the last 10 times.
I'm getting discouraged.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver! & Yes definitely keep your squirrels happy! They chewed the wiring off 3 injectors on my newer car, clean smooth at the fuel injector connector! Like watching my squirrels as well.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have stuck out at the CoinStar the last 10 times.
I'm getting discouraged.
I know the feeling...what I tell myself is that I'm due for a good find since I'm striking out...my chances only increase as I strike out. :). Hang in there!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for viewing!
If you come here to visit, please don't feed the ground squirrels! They're a serious rodent pest that can carry dangerous diseases. We have signs in some areas forbidding the feeding, and there are tons of traps around town to help irradicate them. Nice find on the silver dime though! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you come here to visit, please don't feed the ground squirrels! They're a serious rodent pest that can carry dangerous diseases. We have signs in some areas forbidding the feeding, and there are tons of traps around town to help irradicate them. Nice find on the silver dime though! :icon_thumright:
Thanks cudamark, I do recall seeing signs when in southern California years ago about squirrels carrying the plague...forgot about that... thanks for the reminder!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for viewing!
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

magua

Sep 18, 2022
Nice find! I’ve looked at ours locally with no luck. But I still look!

The hottest trend in my area was a poor clerk who was wondering why several locals kept coming in to get 4 quarters for $1 constantly til the owner discovered she was handing out the dollar coins as quarters for 3 days…about $60 loss before a skills game patron observed it happening while gambling and told the owner. No silver for her for awhile! Owner forgave her and banned the locals from coming in anymore.

That same owner always scores silver dimes and quarters at his vending machine.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I’ve looked at ours locally with no luck. But I still look!

The hottest trend in my area was a poor clerk who was wondering why several locals kept coming in to get 4 quarters for $1 constantly til the owner discovered she was handing out the dollar coins as quarters for 3 days…about $60 loss before a skills game patron observed it happening while gambling and told the owner. No silver for her for awhile! Owner forgave her and banned the locals from coming in anymore.

That same owner always scores silver dimes and quarters at his vending machine.
That's quite a story...glad she was forgiven...I think some managers at the grocery stores here may be unaware about the amount of silver coins end up in the self checkout reject bins...a couple know but only because I asked what they did with the coins...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions