Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gheez I guess I have to go back and watch more videos...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the last time I remember when I had my old Tesoro was that the coil was sturdy. I just received a new machine and the coil is not sturdy on the pole. It tightens but doesn't tighten the coil tight leaving the coil to be floppy. So when I swing the coil is more vertical than horizonal is this normal? 🤔

thanks.
What detector?

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no a coil should not be floppy and should always remain parallel to the ground., often there are gaskets or rubber washers that come with the detector that prevent the coil from moving when the coil bolt and nut are tightened. what detector are you using?

OP
OP
Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
guys I have a garrett there are 2 rubber gaskets that go between it doesn't seem to be squeezing the coil prongs together tight enough. I tighten it all the way till it stops and the coil is loose. I was gonna put plyers on the plastic bolt but I didn't want to strip the tread.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe adding a washer would help I had that issue once and added a plastic washer to draw it tight.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guys I have a garrett there are 2 rubber gaskets that go between it doesn't seem to be squeezing the coil prongs together tight enough. I tighten it all the way till it stops and the coil is loose. I was gonna put plyers on the plastic bolt but I didn't want to strip the tread.
local hardware stores most likely have plastic hardware usually for things like toilet seats that you can use to add a washer and fix that right up.

OP
OP
Ledster

Ledster

Mar 3, 2016
in the desert
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
local hardware stores most likely have plastic hardware usually for things like toilet seats that you can use to add a washer and fix that right up.
I think I got some bolts in my toolbox. Aliexpress has the exact same piece for like 2 bucks.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I got some bolts in my toolbox.
keep in mind must not be metal. which is why I pointed you towards toilet seat hardware.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread