Site is EXTREMELY SLOW !

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try turning on the compatibility view at the top of the page (IE8).

Last edited:

QuarterMaster

Apr 25, 2012
North Central Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Ace350
Pioneer Bounty Hunter 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure that your java is up to date, this site is using java script and an older version could be slowing you down. you can find it at java.com: Java + You. Click on the "Free Java Download" button then click on the "Agree and start free download" Save it to your desktop so you know where it is, run it, it shouldn't take but a few minutes. Chrome works great but I know that a lot of people are uncomfortable using different browsers.

OP
OP
C

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Make sure that your java is up to date, this site is using java script and an older version could be slowing you down. you can find it at java.com: Java + You. Click on the "Free Java Download" button then click on the "Agree and start free download" Save it to your desktop so you know where it is, run it, it shouldn't take but a few minutes. Chrome works great but I know that a lot of people are uncomfortable using different browsers.

I did this & it has helped some. There still seems to be some problems which may be , as stated earlier , problems with IE8 compatability . It is a little faster , but most all other websites are refreshing faster than here. At least, now, it is not as aggravating !
Thanks for all the tips & suggestions.

bingbong

Jun 23, 2011
london UK
yes its a resource hog and brings my laptop to a snails pace ,no other detecting forum does this so i log in here rarely.even browsing is a pain .:icon_scratch:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Extremely slow for me esp long threads with pictures. I will try some of the suggestions.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm stealing my internet from a coffee shop 1/2 mile away on an antenna that's literally made from a soup can and I have absolutely no complaints about the site being slow.

OP
OP
C

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
try loading google chrome i have and its faster now for meDEREK

Even though some browsers probably work better than others, I am happy & satisfied with what I have. It performs well, except on this site, & I see no need in changing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realize you can change back and forth on browers, you select the browser to use, you can use one here and another one else where, and another one somewhere else.

MrNelson

May 2, 2012
Fernandina Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Elite
Primary Interest:
Just get the app if you have an iOS device. I access the site at lightning speed via the app on my iPad.
Thumbs up for the app, I love it!!!

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
java was a good idea!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread