Small Molded Metal Chicken Figurine, Arrowhead, Red Iron "Indian Paint Pot" Concretion, and a Luna Moth

Eastender

Mar 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, the temps are dropping into the 70's during the day here in the NE US, slowing down the nastier than usual mosquito population. Found the arrowhead and paint pot in an eroding slope near the beach. The figurine with my Nox 900 a bit inland.

People have commented on my natural encounters so I include a beautiful male Luna Moth resting on a large oak tree. Surprised to see as they usually appear in Spring, but there can be two to three generations per year. I'm guessing the wingspan exceeds 4" and I believe this is our largest moth species.

Attachments

• tres465.jpg
    tres465.jpg
    880.6 KB · Views: 61
  • tres466.jpg
    tres466.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 50
  • tres467.jpg
    tres467.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 40
  • luna2.jpg
    luna2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
Upvote 18

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
More nice digs! Luna moths and box turtles are added bonuses to any hunt.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I look at all 3 and think all are top shelf keepers. Congrats on the point, pot, and the Rooster.
The Luna Moth is a real beauty,

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that all three are fantastic finds.

Any chance the "Rooster" could be a partridge or some other fowl?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, the temps are dropping into the 70's during the day here in the NE US, slowing down the nastier than usual mosquito population. Found the arrowhead and paint pot in an eroding slope near the beach. The figurine with my Nox 900 a bit inland.

People have commented on my natural encounters so I include a beautiful male Luna Moth resting on a large oak tree. Surprised to see as they usually appear in Spring, but there can be two to three generations per year. I'm guessing the wingspan exceeds 4" and I believe this is our largest moth species.
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread