So this shows up for my birthday today!

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In the four years we've had our farm, I have never found a point in either of our creeks. A few scrapers and a friend found a morrow mountain, but that's it. I wasn't even looking for one today, but look what caught my eye. I ran back to the house to get my phone because this was one in situ picture I didn't want to miss! Not sure what it is, but I certainly do like it! The very bottom of the stem is either snapped or broken very cleanly. I especially like the long flake that goes from the stem almost to the tip!

Attachments

• IMG_3196.JPG
    IMG_3196.JPG
    373.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3194.JPG
    IMG_3194.JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3197.JPG
    IMG_3197.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3200.PNG
    IMG_3200.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3201.PNG
    IMG_3201.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you can spot them hiding under the gravel like that you are developing a keen eye for them. Its a huge learning experience to be able to look past the gravel to the 2nd or 3rd layer. I see many more finds coming your way, great eye spying on that beauty, rock
Well I happen to have a great mentor that actually walked my creeks with me, taught me where to look, what to look for, has patiently looked at hundreds of pictures, and answered at least as many questions. You might happen to know him lol!

OP
OP
BearCreek

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You may not find many but what you do find are great. You need to make you a good sifter and see what you might find...

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

I don't look very often and don't look anywhere but on our farm, so I don't know that I'll ever have very many, but I sure do love the ones I have. I just wish I knew their stories. I've enjoyed seeing all the points you have found and shared!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I happen to have a great mentor that actually walked my creeks with me, taught me where to look, what to look for, has patiently looked at hundreds of pictures, and answered at least as many questions. You might happen to know him lol!

Its always good to have a nice mentor to learn from. When I 1st started looking my friend showed me how to do it I bet I drove him crazy with all of the questions. Now we just get together every once in a while and compare finds. Its still fun.

sugarquartz

Aug 1, 2017
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher F 75 LTD SE, Nel tornado coil, Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome point and i know what you mean about wanting to know the history, especially when its a find on your own land. Makes them that much more special to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions