So you want to make a living hardrocking,

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bodies end up in mineshafts in the foothills that were never looking or gold.....
It's not mentioned in this wiki but, I watched a documentary on these two cupcakes. The detectives believe that they are responsible for several missing people in the central and southern Mother Lode. They mentioned dumping bodies in old mines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Freak_Killers

But, there are people who think it's ok to run a water pump or crack vac in an old un pressurized shaft. Or to go picking and hammering without scaling over head first. Or walking flooded tunnels with a weak light source and no probe to check the floor for verticals or exposed stopes from lower levels

I was cringing my way through a Gold Rush Expeditions marketing video the other day and Corey the head BS shooter was saying how "stay out stay alive" is nonsense. That people don't die in old mines.

He makes a living selling abandoned claims to people who have no business in old mines. I would share but GRE doesn't deserve sharing.

Those guys make a living selling abandoned

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mad Machinist

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
bodies end up in mineshafts in the foothills that were never looking or gold.....
It's not mentioned in this wiki but, I watched a documentary on these two cupcakes. The detectives believe that they are responsible for several missing people in the central and southern Mother Lode. They mentioned dumping bodies in old mines. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Freak_Killers

But, there are people who think it's ok to run a water pump or crack vac in an old un pressurized shaft. Or to go picking and hammering without scaling over head first. Or walking flooded tunnels with a weak light source and no probe to check the floor for verticals or exposed stopes from lower levels

I was cringing my way through a Gold Rush Expeditions marketing video the other day and Corey the head BS shooter was saying how "stay out stay alive" is nonsense. That people don't die in old mines.

He makes a living selling abandoned claims to people who have no business in old mines. I would share but GRE doesn't deserve sharing.

Those guys make a living selling abandoned

Yea Corey is a piece of work. Lots of issues with those old mines he doesn't tell people about.

barrelroll

Dec 14, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the asylum, brother or sister as the case may be.

I'll give you some advice. Your gonna get called greenhorn at best and a whole lot worse depending on how you do. The best thing to do, when you are underground, is think about what you are about to do and what may happen. You'll take some flak about being slow BUT you WILL earn the respect if your crew if you make sure no one is going to get hurt. If you run around like a chicken with your head cut off underground, your crew WILL break you.

We are some of the best people in the world. And if you listen and pay heed to the experience of those around you and what you can learn, you'll be welcomed into this world after your "red hat" comes off.

Thanks, today way my first day. My job title is field pump mechanic but for the first 6-9 months I'll be running a mud press most of the time and occasionally working with the pump crew. I found out today I'll be running a loader to feed the mud press and i've never really run equipment. It'll be interesting and I'll try and take your slow and steady pace to heart.

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Remember when your running that loader you don't have to be fast just steady. The new guy that's slow is a lot better than the new guy that goes fast and tears up your ****

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread