Soap Token

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in a little MD time in this afternoon. I hunted the side yard of a friend's home where once stood an old school house.
Although I was a little disappointed with just a few finds. I'm still glad I got to hunt that piece of property. The buckle was found in a parking lot in a different location. I probably shouldn't have but I scraped on it with my knife to see what it looked like under all that crud. I also found what I think is a burner plate for a wood kitchen stove and another piece which I think might be a leg or foot of it(not sure). Anyway here is a pic of the soap token, 1944 penny and buckle.
Soap Token 44 Wheat Buckle.JPG

Token Reverse​
Soap Token Reverse.JPG

Now here are the iron pieces I've found. Except the second from right is aluminum I think. Although its pretty heavy.
Stove Iron.JPG
Thanks for looking. HH, Roger

Upvote 5

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The token is from the 1930's, dug one up last July on my cousin's farm. One of my treasured finds. I have only been dirt fishing since late may and have dug 44 tokens so far this season. Good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
Yard Digger

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The token is from the 1930's, dug one up last July on my cousin's farm. One of my treasured finds. I have only been dirt fishing since late may and have dug 44 tokens so far this season. Good luck and happy hunting.
You have collected quite a few tokens in a very short time metal detecting. I have several but not near as much as you have dug. One of my favorites is for Red Goose Shoes. Not as old as the Palmolive Soap but pretty neat anyway. Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
Yard Digger

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I took a closer look at the iron pieces and I think the piece on the far right is a seat support and hing for an old school desk.
attachment.php

I have an old desk like it on my back porch that I've picked up from beside a dumpster a few years ago. I don't remember if I've ever posted it on Tnet before, but here it is; one pic with the seat down and one pic with the seat folded up. Notice the hinged seat support. Also the desk top has a cavity for storing books and supplies. Also notice the ink well hole in the desk top. School Desk.JPG
School Desk 2.JPG

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions