Solid Box of Quarters ... Almost

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Just picked up a box of quarters this afternoon. Get home and immediately look for enders from West Point. None, but every reverse showing was of American Memorial Park. So I'm thinking I might finally score a West Point American Memorial Park. Did a quick 15 roll search and every single American Memorial Park quarter was minted in Philly. But... Every coin that wasn't an American Memorial Park quarter was a 2019 W Lowell quarter. So far, I've found 25 West Point Lowell quarters out of the 15 rolls. I also found my first blank planchet and a minor error. I'll update once I finish the box later tonight.

Update: Just finished. The final count was 55 West Point Lowell quarters, 1 blank planchet, and a minor error (which I'll likely toss back). Majority are ms65 with a few that will likely grade higher. There were 2 that would grade ms63 as there were some minor scratches in the field on the obverse. I'll be taking those to the bank tomorrow for the tellers and I hope to snag another box from the same lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Picked up another box from hopefully the same lot. I'll go through it tonight. But from what I can see by looking at the enders, it looks to be the same as the above box. Cursory glance and it looks like a solid 2019 P American Memorial Park quarters. I'm hoping more of the West Point Lowell quarters are in there.

Rosco53

Mar 17, 2018
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Damn, congrats on the good box! I've done 9 bags since they announced the W ones and have only found 6 Lowell quarters in total...

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Wow 55? Crazy!
It’s so hard for me to find boxes of new quarters.
I got one and pulled 6 Lowell Ws. Good luck with your next box

OP
OP
Diver_Down

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Picked up another box from hopefully the same lot. I'll go through it tonight. But from what I can see by looking at the enders, it looks to be the same as the above box. Cursory glance and it looks like a solid 2019 P American Memorial Park quarters. I'm hoping more of the West Point Lowell quarters are in there.

Snagged another 12 West Point Lowell quarters. Bringing my total to 67.

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
I got 2 rolls of Lowell quarters yesterday - all 2019P. Aside from a few loose American Park quarters, these were the first 2019 quarters that I have seen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread